- Job Number: 00206899
- Location: Hilliard, OH
- Organization Name: Mount Carmel Health System
- Facility: MCHS - Mount Carmel Hilliard
- Employment Type: Full time
- Hours: 40
Why Mount Carmel?
With five hospitals, over 60 free-standing outpatient clinics, a college of nursing, a Medicare Advantage plan, and extensive outreach and community wellness programs, Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients in central Ohio each year, and we've been a pillar of this community for more than 130 years. As a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network of caring spans 22 states, 94 hospitals, and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
We know that exceptional patient care starts with taking care of our colleagues, so we invest in great people and all that we ask in return is that you come to work ready to make a difference and do the right thing.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Retirement savings account with employer match starting on day one
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee recognition incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Relocation assistance (geographic restrictions apply)
- Discounted tuition and enrollment opportunities' at the Mount Carmel College of Nursing
The nation's 14th largest city, Columbus, Ohio is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the Midwest – ranked #1 for population growth, #1 for job growth, #1 for wage growth, and #1 real estate market. And with a vibrant blend of professional sports, world-class attractions, creative cuisines, and a flourishing music and arts scene, you'll never be found wanting for entertainment and experiences to call your own in Columbus. Learn more at www.experiencecolumbus.com!
About the job:
Our Exercise Physiologist provides direct care and testing for clients and patients. The person in this position designs, implements and markets fitness programs; educates the public and health professionals regarding cardiovascular disease, performs exercise testing, assesses cardiovascular risk factors, evaluates for the appropriateness of the scheduled procedure, supervises treadmill/pharmacological stress testing with echo and nuclear imaging, interpretation of EKG, and records and inputs preliminary reports into the reporting database.
What you will do:
- Assesses client needs and creates individual and group exercise programs.
- Responds to emergency situations and implements emergency medical procedures when
- Maintains, promotes, and demonstrates a positive attitude while serving as a role model to patients.
- Maintains client records including, but not limited to, the results of cardiac, exercise, and fitness testing and client/patient treatment and progress.
- Maintains PI calendar and quarterly reports.
- Designs, implements, and monitors exercise and fitness programs for healthy and compromised populations and performs cardiovascular stress testing, and other testing necessary to determine physical condition and reports test results to physicians, clients and employers when indicated.
What we are looking for:
- Master's degree in exercise physiology preferred. Bachelor's Degree required.
- Certification in testing and exercise, ACSM Exercise Specialist preferred for Occupational Health - required within one year as of 11/16/11.
- 1-2 years recent relevant work experience
- Effective Communication Skills
- Certification in CPR required, certification in ACLS preferred
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Receive relevant communications and updates from our organization. Share job opportunities with family and friends through email.
With fraudulent internet hiring schemes increasing in frequency, please be aware that neither Trinity Health nor any of its entities will ever try to collect funds from a candidate or new hire. If you see a suspicious posting or are concerned about a recruiting interaction, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via live chat at jobs.trinity-health.org.