Executive Director, Children's Advocacy Center
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Centre County Children’s Advocacy Center (CC-CAC) activity, including financial management and establishment and implementation of policies and procedures related to the CC-CAC. The Executive Director is responsible for representing the CC-CAC in the community and ensuring effective working relationships among the disciplines, departments, agencies and organizations essential to the CC-CAC’s success and the wellbeing of abused and at risk children.
1) Master's degree or other advanced degree in a field related to the multidisciplinary function of the CC-CAC, such as law, social work, health care or criminal justice.
1) Five to seven years’ experience in administration and management in a human services field.
2) Experience supervising managerial staff.
3) Experience in grant writing, management and fundraising.
4) Experience providing public speaking and training.
5) Experience as a non-profit administrator working with a volunteer board of directors is preferred.
6) Experience related to physical and sexual child abuse, legal proceedings, and crisis intervention is preferred.
7) Experience in working with a wide diversity of people and agencies preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Ability to pass background checks through the FBI, PA Criminal Background Check and PA Child Abuse Registry.
2) Possesses attitudes and behaviors which are consistent with total quality improvement and the mission statement of CC-CAC.
3) Maintains an ongoing, up-to-date knowledge base to ensure ongoing competency in performing scope of responsibilities.
4) Ability to work effectively with individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds and professionals from a variety of disciplines.
5) Conducts business in a professional and cordial manner that upholds the integrity and reputation of Mount Nittany Health System.
6) Possesses knowledge of human resource laws and regulations as they relate to the management of staff.
7) Strong problem solving and decision quality, action orientation, client focus, and ability to drive results.
8) Demonstrates a mission driven attitude with unquestionable integrity.
9) Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with many different constituencies.
10) Displays strong leadership and managerial capability and the ability to evaluate and develop personnel. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, facilitation skills and a collaborative management approach are required.
11) Communicates persuasively the importance of philanthropy and has an excellent track record in fundraising.
12) Analytical ability and resourcefulness, as required in developing and implementing strategic plans, policies and programs.
13) Ability to professionally handle highly confidential information.
14) Excels in interpersonal and intercultural communication skills, written skills, oral communication, and public speaking.
15) Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to manage projects and events from conception through completion.
16) Ability to work well in multicultural teams and with diverse constituencies.
17) Ability to work as a team member with a strong commitment to collaborative work with both internal and external partners.
18) Ability to establish and promote positive relationships, and actively contribute to creating a highly cooperative work environment.
19) Possess strong leadership and coaching skills
20) Desires to continually improve and increase individual and organizational capacity.
21) Ability to provide clear and consistent vision, including aligned goals and objectives to the staff.
1) None required
Receives minimal supervision from the President and CEO.
Supervises the activities of the staff working at the CC-CAC.