State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Executive Director - Academic Strategy
Req ID: 40296BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the CAO of BIDMC/BILH, the Executive Director (ED) is responsible for overseeing implementation, ongoing evaluation and adjustments of the BIDMC InSPIRE Academic Strategic plan. Interface and collaborate with the VP for Research Operations, Senior Leadership Team and Department Chairs of BIDMC, Senior Leadership team of HMFP and CFOs and Administrative officers of BIDMC and BILH and affiliated hospitals. Create financial models, business plans, and service and payment models to support the academic mission and integration of academic services at BILH. Provide support to the CAO on budgets related to Education, Faculty Development, Diversity and the Center for Health Care Disparities at BIDMC as well as budget and strategy items related to system level integration of research and the academic mission. The ED will be a key member of the CAO's advisory and operational team and, as needed, serve as the CAO's representative in operational, strategic and budget meetings with Departmental and Research Center Chief Administrative Officers in their role supporting BIDMC's academic mission, as well as the VP, Research Operations, the Senior Director, Clinical Research Programs, the Administrative Director for Graduate Medical Education and the Director, Technology Ventures Office.
- Provide oversight for the business operations functions of the CAO office BIDMC/BILH. The scope of responsibility encompasses long and short term strategic, operational and financial planning, evaluation of new programs and services and expense management.
- Serves as a key advisor to the CAO and responsible for creation, negotiations and development of a financially sustainable model of integration of research and academic activities within the BILH system.
- Provides leadership by advising the CAO on key decisions about the issues that affect the organization, such as evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions, and/or mergers, and investments.
- Oversee the finances related to Education, Faculty Development, Director for Research Information System, Diversity and the Center for Health Care Disparities including providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist Senior Leadership, the Board, and others in performing their responsibilities.
- Play a central role in implementation of the InSPIRE BIDMC academic strategic plan and evaluation and creation of opportunities for BILH system level integration in research, education, faculty development, Research Information Systems and diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
- Evaluates the CAO's team structure for continual improvement of efficiency and effectiveness. Provides mentorship and promotes a culture of ongoing learning and opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Ensures successful implementation of strategic initiatives, cost saving objectives, and policy deployment. BIDMC and HMFP Research sustainability agreement. Assessing indirect cost utilization, developing and implementing a new plan for research density agreement and space calculations and research space distribution.
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets in collaboration with the VP for Research Operations, Research Center Directors and Departmental Chief Administrative Officers. Create periodic reports and updates on the InSPIRE BIDMC Implementation Dashboard.
- Provides financial support for the Director for Research Information Systems, VP for Education and the DEI Office.
- Directly responsible for special projects assigned by the CAO.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: None
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing department budget.
- Master's degree in business administration, accounting, finance required.
- More than 10 years related work experience required and 8-10 years supervisory/management experience required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have significant implications for the management and operations of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply