Executive Assistant to the Board
Job ID: 84367
Area of Interest: Professionals
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
The University of Maryland Medical System is a 14-hospital system with academic, community and specialty medical services reaching every part of Maryland and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, Neurocare, cardiac care, women’s and children’s health and physical rehabilitation. UMMS is the fourth largest private employer in the Baltimore metropolitan area and one of the top 20 employers in the state of Maryland. No organization will give you the clinical variety, the support, or the opportunities for professional growth that you’ll enjoy as a member of our team. UMMS is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to the Board for our Corporate offices in Baltimore, MD
Under limited supervision, provides executive administrative support to the UMMS Vice President of System Governance, UMMS Board of Directors, board committees, and board subcommittees. Provides event management support for Executive Office events. Performs complex duties of a highly confidential nature that require knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and operations. Regularly required to resolve administrative problems independently.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Under the direction of the VP and other members of the UMMS executive team, schedule meetings, activities, retreats, and events for the Board of Directors, board committees, and board subcommittees.
- Track member hospital board and board committee meeting dates and material submission deadlines. Prepare annual calendar of UMMS board, board committee, and board subcommittee meetings and distribute to the appropriate persons.
- Provide logistical support for meetings and events by securing room/venue reservations, setting up physical and virtual meeting spaces, tracking participant attendance, ordering catering, coordinating teleconference and/or audio-visual services, collecting speaker bios, and other related tasks.
- Assist the VP with agenda creation, drafting/finalizing of correspondence, presentations, reports, and other materials for the board.
- In advance of all board meetings, collect and upload materials to Diligent Client.
- Attend board and board subcommittee meetings to take minutes and distribute meeting minutes to attendees.
- Schedule and coordinate Executive Office events, including assisting with venue selection, securing contracts with vendors, selecting, ordering, and mailing invitations, tracking guests’ attendance, planning event menus and ordering catering, securing audio-visual services, and other tasks as assigned.
- Plan and organize the VP’s daily activities, including scheduling and coordinating meetings on VP’s behalf, preparing the VP for meetings and events by researching and gathering critical information on issues, compiling materials for daily briefing folders, confirming meeting details, and conducting/tracking necessary follow-ups.
- Track budgets for board meetings and events. Ensure that accounts are current, and all invoices and check requests are processed expeditiously.
- Manage sponsorship requests by submitting check requests, drafting/proposing event guest lists, distributing invitations, tracking attendance, and procuring ads.
- Interact with high level contacts requiring considerable discretion and initiative. Address highly-sensitive information with the utmost discretion, professionalism and confidentially.
- Manage other special projects and tasks as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Business Management/Administration or related field preferred.
- Seven years progressively responsible administrative/secretarial experience, including at least three years of experience providing executive-level administrative support, in a business, professional, or health care environment is required.
- One to two years of experience supporting a board is preferred.
- Experience planning/managing events is preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on