Executive Assistant to President of AAMC – Full Time – Weekdays
Category: Administrative/General Support
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: January 29, 2021
Supports Anne Arundel Medical Center’s President, and Chief Medical Officer through:
- Strong ability to plan ahead; manage priorities and details surrounding meetings/events;
- Excellent organizational skills for calendar/meeting management; ability to understand and adjust for priorities;
- Experience managing external relationships to include Board of Trustees, legislative, community and regulatory committees/agencies.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Responsible for meeting minutes which involves active listening and the ability to succinctly capture salient points;
- Calendar management to include shifting priorities with strong attention to detail to ensure preparation and follow-up details are handled; schedules meetings/events with adequate timeframes and recognizing when emergent issue needs to take precedence;
- Handles correspondence by reading, researching and routing as appropriate; collects and analyzes information to draft letters and documents;
- Ensures that research is conducted and details pertaining to meetings and events are proactively communicated to President and/or Chief Medical Officer with an eye towards the priorities of each Executive’s role and responsibilities;
- Greets and screens visitors, phone and email inquiries and provides assistance with routine requests/inquiries; researches and provides detailed information so that Executive is better able to respond.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with administrative support work to include increasingly high level of responsibility as well as excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines; anticipate, recognize, analyze and resolve situations requiring a decision and to ensure the execution of the decision.
- Must have the ability to work independently, under pressure, within tight timelines and consistently demonstrate proper professional judgment.
- Demonstrated abilities will be required in: typing (minimum 50wpm), transcription/minute taking as well as demonstrated proficiency with Word, Outlook, and developing presentations using Power Point.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Light Duty
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)