State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 42727BR
Job Summary: Provides executive level support to Executives for Beth Israel Lahey Health. Responsible for all aspects of the executive's administrative operations, including managing travel arrangements, coordinating schedules and meetings, coordinating executive correspondence, as well as communicating with administrative and clinical leadership, medical providers, field leaders and other stakeholders, including board members, donors and other external constituents. Performs complex administrative duties in preparation and completion of fiscal and administrative projects. Duties include preparation of spreadsheets, charts, presentation materials, conducting online and other types of research.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Administration: The Executive Assistant is responsible for the Office, involving interaction with various vendors to insure smooth, continuous Office operation.
- Office Management: Involvement in areas related to maintenance and regular updating of legal documents and various certifications; management of various subscriptions; and recruiting correspondence and successful onboarding.
- Communication: The Executive Assistant is expected to oversee internal communications, specifically involving the investment and operations teams. The Executive Assistant will also communicate directly with external investment managers as well as with investment partners, BILH and Combined Jewish Philanthropies.
- Meeting Management: Arrange travel and materials related to manager meetings. Additionally, the Executive Assistant will assist in scheduling meetings with the Board of Managers (our investment committee) as well as other constituent meetings. Where appropriate, will input relevant information into Tamale, our internal software program for warehousing investment related information.
- Office Well-Being: The Executive Assistant will arrange for events to celebrate various Holidays, anniversaries or other special occasions, as well as the annual team offsite.
- Provides executive administrative support to the executive(s), including, but not limited to: scheduling meetings, following up on meeting-generated tasks, preparing documents and presentation slides. Handles telephone calls in a professional, courteous speaking manner, and initiates appropriate disposition.
- Represents the BILH system to internal and external constituents. Answers policy and informational questions and determines appropriate course of action for sensitive issues and matters of significance that have system-wide visibility. Establishes and maintains influential and strategic relationships at all levels of the system.
- Creates Word documents/correspondence, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations. Composes high level correspondence and memoranda independently and with professional quality. Edits and proofreads all written materials and verifies the validity of data and documents contained in all reports prior to submission.
- Deals discreetly with highly sensitive, confidential written, electronic, and oral communications concerning staff, department, and system matters. Maintains confidential materials related to personnel issues, patients and others according to system standards and in compliance with HIPPA regulations and requirements.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates meetings or special events, including reserving conference rooms, sending and tracking invitations, procuring food and beverage and ensuring vendor payment.
- Sets up room and equipment (sets up conference calls, audio-visual equipment, projector, etc., as necessary). Prepares agenda, produces and supplies materials, records and distributes meeting notes.
- Prepares purchase requisitions, check requests, action forms, etc., in accordance with system procedures. Support special projects, as requested.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of office supplies and equipment. Purchases, as needed, and stays within established budget. Keeps office equipment in working order and contacts vendors or IT, as necessary, for repairs or replacements
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Experience with Zoom, and Doodle. Willingness to learn Tamale.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Previous work as an Executive Assistant.
- Previous work in a smaller office with a more entrepreneurial feel.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply