State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
1. Provides executive administrative support to the President and other member(s) of the Senior Management Team, including, but not limited to: scheduling meetings, following up on meeting-generated tasks, preparing documents and presentation slides. Handles telephone calls in a professional, courteous speaking manner, and initiates appropriate disposition. (essential)
2. Represents Office of the President to internal and external constituents. Answers policy and informational questions and determines appropriate course of action for sensitive issues and matters of significance that have organization-wide visibility. Establishes and maintains influential and strategic relationships at all levels of the organization. (essential)
3. Creates Word documents/correspondence, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and Access databases. Composes high level correspondence and memoranda independently and with professional quality. Edits and proofreads all written materials and verifies the validity of data and documents contained in all reports prior to submission. (essential)
4. Deals discreetly with highly sensitive, confidential written, electronic, and oral communications concerning staff, department, and hospital matters. Maintains confidential materials related to patients and study subjects according to hospital standards and in compliance with HIPPA regulations and requirements. (essential)
5. Plans, organizes and coordinates departmental meetings or special events, including reserving conference rooms, sending and tracking invitations, procuring food and beverage and ensuring vendor payment. Set up room and equipment (set up conference calls, audio-visual equipment, projector, etc., as necessary). Prepare agenda, produce and supply materials, record and distribute meeting notes. (essential)
6. Functions as part of the administrative team within the Office of the President, including but not limited to, participating in office coverage (Monday-Friday) based on the needs of the Office. (essential)
1. Prepares purchase requisitions, check requests, action forms, etc., in accordance with Hospital's procedures.
2. Support special projects - Identifies projects to improve operations of the business (department), develops and implements action plans.
3. Monitors and maintains inventory of office supplies and equipment. Purchases as needed and stays within established budget. Keeps office equipment in working order and contacts vendors or IT, as necessary, for repairs or replacements.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 39647BR
Job Summary: Provides complex administrative support and oversees projects in support of an executive. Independently initiates, organizes, and implements systems and procedures to efficiently manage special projects, reports and presentation preparations.
- Represents Executive to high level internal and external constituents. Answers policy questions and determines appropriate course of action for sensitive issues and matters of significance that have organization-wide visibility and potential cost or organizational repercussions. Establishes and maintains influential and strategic relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Gathers information on behalf of Executive, researches and writes memos, letters, and reports which are often complex in nature, utilizing independent judgment.
- Coordinates meetings with community leaders, government agencies, legal and consulting firms; provides them with information of a sensitive nature; must use discretion and judgment in responding to questions and determining issues on medical center access.
- Generates reports determining appropriate data inclusion and output criteria; reviews for validity and accuracy of information and data.
- Manages on-line appointment schedule, coordinates arrangements for multiple meetings, and maintains files for easy access to background material for daily schedule. Coordinates complex travel arrangements for meetings and preparation of materials for presentations.
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Written Communications:Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply