Evaluations Services Coordinator, Undergraduate Medical Education, Winston Salem "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
07/04/2021, 7:35 PM
Under limited supervision, assumes major responsibility for all aspects of evaluations services daily operations and works independently to perform duties using a high degree of judgment, discretion and initiative. Requires an advanced knowledge of the Office of Evaluations and its functions and directly assists in the management and coordination of medical school exams and academic records. Interprets, communicates, and acts in accordance with the accreditation guidelines, and school standards for maintaining the student academic performance records. Establishes and oversees processes to ensure the ongoing integrity, security, and fulfillment of evaluations needs.
Bachelor's degree in related field with three years' experience; or, an equivalent combination of education/experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Provides overall coordination and management of admissions and student records business processes.
- Maintains an extensive knowledge of school, state, and federal laws, policies and procedures related to processing admissions applications and academic records. Keeps current on any changes. Responsible for the day to day interpretation, implementation, and communication of policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
- Directly supports the Registrar and provides administrative backup/support. Provides customer service to faculty, students, and administrative areas related to grading, registration, enrollment verification, transcripts, and any changes related to the academic record. Manages communication with students, faculty, and other university units regarding enrollment services for the M.D. program.
- Reviews, analyzes, assesses, and processes information, records, and transcripts for determining academic credit and eligibility for degrees.
- Evaluates records for drop/add, withdrawals, and grade changes. Grants permissions for enrollment in restricted courses.
- Manages collection, recording, maintaining, and reporting of grades and enrollment status changes. Responsible for medical licensure paperwork and manages student compliance requirements.
- Implements student-centered workflows that are efficient and effective, ensuring that applications, transcript requests, registration requests/changes, and request for official information are provided in a timely manner.
- Responds to direct requests from applicants and students through phone, email, and assisting visitors in the office. Resolves complex situations with students, applicants and other constituents regarding requirements for admission, interview, and/or registration decisions.
- Determines needs relative to the coordination of the Visiting Student Program. Coordinates specific communications with internal and external partners for required affiliation agreements. Evaluates and analyzes credentials for students applications and grants exceptions to make decisions for enrollment in visiting student program.
- Develops and implements proactive business solutions to enhance the efficiency and productivity of enrollment services business practices.
- Directly supports the Admissions Officer and provides administrative backup/support utilizing specialized skill and expertise in Admissions business processes.
- Manages application follow-up by running reports, develops communication strategies for applicants, and maintains reports/spreadsheets for special populations.
- Assists with training and documentation of processes and procedures in all areas of enrollment services.
- Oversees the work of other staff assisting in the performance of records related activities
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.
Patient Service Coordinator, PART TIME, Winston Salem
Winston-Salem, NC, United States