Environmental Services Technician
Job ID: 79088
Area of Interest: Service
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: Sun – Sat
Job Facility: UM Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Enviromental Services Technician
Full-Time – Rotating
To maintain a clean, sanitized environment for all patients, visitors and staff throughout the hospital. Inclusive of, but not limited to include seven-step cleaning procedure, floor care maintenance and trash removal. All employees are responsible for extending the mission and values of University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute by dedicating oneself to providing the highest quality healthcare services to the communities we serve.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Utilizes 7-step cleaning procedure in all areas.
- Cleans and sanitizes furniture and ledges.
- Empties trash and removes to proper collection site.
- Cleans trashcans inside and out.
- Cleans and polishes fixtures, equipment including cart.
- Dries and wet mops floors or vacuum carpets.
- Spot cleans walls.
- Cleans windows and doors.
- Replenishes supplies as needed; i.e., toilet paper, paper towels and soap.
- Thoroughly cleans patient room and hospital bed upon discharge
- Hangs and takes down cubical curtains as necessary.
- Thoroughly cleans patient and public bathrooms as assigned
- Cleans spills observed or as requested.
- Collect soiled linen and weigh
- Pack and deliver linen per established par level to assigned area
- Remove and replace curtains/draperies
- Prepares conference rooms/designated areas with table and chair set-up/arrangement
- Thoroughly cleans nurses’ stations, supply rooms, lounges and nutrition areas.
- Strips, scrubs and burnishes floors per manufacturer guidelines as assigned
- Maintains the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc. and the appearance of Environmental Services areas, and performs regular inspections of all hospital and facility areas for sanitation, order, safety, and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Responds to UM Rehab Emergency Codes as trained and assigned.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job.
- Creates an atmosphere which fosters team work and open communication among staff. Models ROCKET standards and effective behaviors
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Reports to work on time.
- Requests time off with appropriate advanced notice.
- Provides appropriate advanced notice for unscheduled absence or tardiness.
- Performs regular duties in an independent manner.
- Follows directions to timely complete assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates quality customer service at all times.
- Seeks guidance as necessary for performing duties.
- Makes the best use of time during the workday and completes assigned schedule.
- Recognizes when a co-worker needs assistance and helps as much as possible.
- Offers suggestions to improve the department and the hospital.
- Utilizes appropriate customer relation skills when interacting with patients, family members, hospital and health systems staff, visitors, etc. to insure all customers are treated with respect and dignity.
- Keeps information confidential.
- Keeps supervisors informed of pertinent information.
- Accepts constructive criticism and adjusts to change.
- Dresses in appropriate uniform.
- Appearance is neat and well groomed.
- Attends in-service meetings as scheduled including annual safety and infection control meetings.
- Reports equipment and facilities in need of repair.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures.
- Uses Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as directed or when appropriate
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopedic Institute.
UNIQUE IS WHAT WE ARE!
Lives are restored here on our campus every day! As the designated acute care rehabilitation and orthopedic hospital of the University of Maryland Medical System, we are one of the largest, most comprehensive, and best-respected facilities in the nation. Patients and professionals alike appreciate the unique advantages offered here at UM Rehab & Ortho Institute.
As a Registered Nurse at UM Rehab & Ortho, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue generous paid time off; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
We’re making Maryland stronger!
With roots that go as far back as 1895, the UM Rehab & Ortho Institute continues to be a pioneer in orthopedics and neurological disorders. From bones to brains, our cutting-edge hospital heals even the most serious of injuries, specializing in everything from total joint replacement to spinal cord injuries and neurological condition. In total, our 141-bed facility welcomes over 3,000 patients every year. As the state’s largest provider of inpatient rehabilitation services, we offer some of the most advanced therapies for stroke, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, orthopedic and sports injury, among many others
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Prior healthcare environmental services experience preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on