The Environmental Aide will provide excellent customer service through your work in environmental services, you will be responsible for daily cleaning of patient rooms, offices, and common areas of the hospital. You will work on the environmental services team to maintain cleaning standards and infection prevention.
Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
Your Job Requirement:
- High school Diploma or Equivalent preferred but not required
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships with all levels of staff, patients and family members
- Previous Housekeeping experience preferred
- Must be able to maintain training knowledge and apply as necessary
- Able to organize work and work area with time constraints in a fast paced environment.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Practices customer satisfaction at all times.
- Care and maintenance of equipment.
- Communicates with supervisor of needed repairs or occurrences.
- Dust mop followed by wet mop or vacuum.
- Functions where needed during staff shortages.
- High dust horizontal surfaces and vents followed by damp wipe walls and windows, horizontal surfaces including trash can and telephone with disinfectant.
- Perform detail tasks to maintain appearance in patient rooms, offices and ancillary areas.
- Pull trash and linen in patient rooms; replace soap, paper products, and linen when necessary.
- Sanitize bathroom and wet mop floor.