Engineering Technician III, Facilities Management "Job Details"
High Point, NC, United States
- 601 N Elm St, High Point, NC, 27262, US
08/03/2021, 10:45 PM
Independently performs preventative maintenance service and technical repairs in the areas of grounds, plumbing, carpentry, painting, electrical, and HVAC. Maintains life safety systems and required documentation. Shares knowledge and provides assistance to others. Works required shifts and on call duty to provide 24/7 weekly, weekend, and holiday coverage.
High school diploma or GED equivalent plus one of the following requirements: recognized community college trade certificate (minimum 15 credit hours) and ten years' experience with WFBH Engineering; recognized community college diploma (minimum 30 credit hours) and nine years' experience with WFBH Engineering. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Valid North Carolina driver's license
- Maintains academic office, laboratory, animal care, hospital inpatient, clinical outpatient, laundry, and dietary areas in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- Performs facility and equipment preventive maintenance tasks and documents using computerized maintenance system.
- Evaluates building system failures (electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, mechanical, plumbing, and building hardware) and implements repairs by utilizing available resources.
- Installs new building hardware, casework, electrical devices, plumbing fixtures, HVAC controls, and wall finishes for renovations.
- Maintains and repairs a variety of refrigeration systems, including cold rooms, refrigerators, freezers, commercial HVAC units, and portable cooling units.
- Maintains vacuum, compressed air, and medical gas systems.
- Monitors and operates campus utility equipment such as emergency power generators, plant chillers, cooling towers, and steam boilers.
- Monitors building automation system to evaluate and troubleshoot environmental conditions.
- Conducts NFPA fire alarm and sprinkler system testing and repairs.
- Inspects and repairs fire doors, hardware, firewalls and smoke partitions.
- Reads blueprints and maintenance manuals to gain knowledge needed to complete assignments.
- Communicates with supervision and staff to facilitate appropriate engineering response to service requests.
- Procures materials and maintains inventory of maintenance supplies and parts.
- Participates in required on-line and classroom training for engineering and environmental health and safety policies and procedures.
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.
Engineering Technician III, Engineering Department, High Point
High Point, NC, United States
Coder III Facility HB, Inpatient Facility Coding
Winston-Salem, NC, United States