Independently performs preventative maintenance service and technical repairs in the areas of grounds, plumbing, carpentry, painting, electrical, and HVAC. Maintains life safety systems and required documentation. Shares knowledge and provides assistance to others. Works required shifts and on call duty to provide 24/7 weekly, weekend, and holiday coverage.
High school diploma or GED equivalent plus one of the following requirements:
- Recognized community college trade certificate (minimum 15 credit hours) and three years' experience
- Recognized community college diploma (minimum 30 credit hours) and two years' experience
- Completion of a four-year electrical apprenticeship program
- Five years experience in maintenance or construction.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Valid North Carolina driver's license
- Maintains academic office, laboratory, animal care, hospital inpatient, clinical outpatient, laundry, and dietary areas in accordance with applicable codes and standards.
- Performs facility and equipment preventive maintenance tasks and documents using computerized maintenance system.
- Evaluates building system failures (electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, mechanical, plumbing, and building hardware) and implements repairs by utilizing available resources.
- Installs new building hardware, casework, electrical devices, plumbing fixtures, HVAC controls and wall finishes for renovations.
- Maintains and repairs a variety of refrigeration systems, including cold rooms, refrigerators, freezers, commercial HVAC units, and portable cooling units.
- Maintains vacuum, compressed air, and medical gas systems.
- Monitors and operates campus utility equipment such as emergency power generators, plant chillers, cooling towers, and steam boilers.
- Monitors building automation system to evaluate and troubleshoot environmental conditions.
- Conducts NFPA fire alarm and sprinkler system testing and repairs.
- Inspects and repairs fire doors, hardware, firewalls and smoke partitions.
- Reads blueprints and maintenance manuals to gain knowledge needed to complete assignments.
- Communicates with supervision and staff to facilitate appropriate engineering response to service requests.
- Procures materials and maintains inventory of maintenance supplies and parts.
- Participates in required on-line and classroom training for engineering and environmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently
- Subject to temperature extremes
- Subject to dirty and dusty environments
- Exposure to extreme noise conditions
- Works on elevated surfaces (ladders, scaffolds, roofs)
- Personal Protective Equipment required (eye, face, head, hands, hearing, and breathing protection)
- Available 24/7 as needed at any WFBH location
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.