State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Req ID: 38977BR
Job Summary: Performs pre and post preparation for endoscopic procedures and maintenance of equipment in accordance with CDC and infection control guidelines. Maintains equipment in proper working order and keeps appropriate inventory of supplies for the daily operation of the endoscopy unit. Assists nursing staff in selected tasks to support the functions of the unit.
- Prepares room(s) for endoscopic procedures.
- Provides backup, as needed, in administrative or clinical activities i.e. assemble charts for the next day.
- Organizes and directs (under the direction of the resource nurse) the daily schedule, assigning patients to procedure rooms based on room, nurse, and doctor availability.
- Coordinates the emergency inpatient add-on procedures into the schedule (under the direction of the resource nurse).
- Schedules patients as needed.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Good reading and writing skills to comprehend instructions as well as knowledge of basic math
- Be computer literate and have an understanding of technical equipment
- Good organizational ability to work in a busy unit and dealing with patients
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply