Center City, Philadelphia, PA
The Transfer Center Coordinator I coordinatres all aspects of Transfer Center and telemedicine cases including facilitating physician to physician communication and logistics related to patient transfer. This includes scheduling and assigning transports, documenting transfer activity, facilitating communication for transfers and completing ADT functions in Epic. The incumbent also takes calls for Emergency Medical Services (EMS), triaging calls using Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) protocols and providing callers with pre-arrival instructions.
- Receives calls regarding patient transfers, consultations, and telemedicine requests, and obtains pertinent clinical and diagnostic information from the referring physicians, RNs and other clinical staff. Coordinates physician to physician communication.
- Coordinates logistics of external transfers including arranging transportation, ensuring appropriate bed assignment and coordinating with patient access and admissions departments.
- Properly documents in transfer center software, computer aided dispatch (CAD) software and other systems as appropriate.
- Performs admissions and other ADT functions in Epic.
- Processes incoming radiology images from external facilities.
- Generates and processes transfer agreements between Jefferson Health facilities and referring facilities.
- Receives emergency and nonemergency calls for EMS, triaging these calls using Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) protocols and providing callers with pre-arrival instructions.
- Manages communication between all members of the healthcare delivery team to ensure safe and timely transport and transfer of patients.
Diploma or GED Required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
EMT or Paramedic (issued by any US State/territory or National Registry) Preferred
Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) within 6 months of hire Required
BCLS CPR within 3 months of hire
2 years Transfer Center experience required
Transfer Center or EMT experience preferred
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code