Employee Service Center Representative
Job ID: 96376
Area of Interest: Service
Location: ,MD US
Hours of Work: 8:30AM-5:00PM
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
HR Service Center Representative
Full time, 8:30am-5:00pm
The University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) is currently seeking an HR Service Center Representative for our Corporate offices in Linthicum, Maryland. UMMS is the fourth largest private employer in the Baltimore metropolitan area and one of the top 20 employers in the state of Maryland. We are a 16-hospital system with academic, community and specialty medical services reaching every part of Maryland and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, Neurocare, cardiac care, women’s and children’s health and physical rehabilitation.
The HR Service Center Representative is responsible for receiving and resolving employee, manager, and former employee inquiries through calls and emails. The service center representative will provide advice and guidance covering all areas of HR including compensation and benefits.
The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed:
- Uses procedures, policy manuals, knowledgebase and other reference materials to assist in answering customer (employee/manager/ former employees) inquiries and resolving customer issues.
- Communicates HR, Benefits, or Payroll objectives, policies, procedures, and government regulations.
- Completes simple HR, Benefits, or Payroll related transactions.
- Forwards customer inquiries to Tier 2 Specialists and/or Centers of Excellence or HR Business Partner when specific, in-depth functional knowledge is required.
- Documents all customer inquiries, issues and transactions.
- Recognizes unusual events or consistent problem areas and works with Supervisor to resolve.
- Works as a team member focusing on customer service.
- Provides recommendations or suggests methods to update, simplify, and enhance processes, procedures, and technologies.
- Assists with the implementation of programs, policies, and services provided by the company by acting as the customer’s first line of contact.
- Performs reviews of Frequently Asked Questions/New Policy and Procedure lists to identify steps needed to answer customer inquiries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is required.
- One (1) year of experience in a call-center, or customer service related employment required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
[chill music] From all of us at the UMMS Talent Acquisition Team. We want to thank you for an amazing year. Together, we have welcomed over 6,000 team members and counting to our organization. Which was no easy task and would not have been possible without you. The challenges we have all faced over the last year have not been easy. But in spite of those challenges through our partnership and collaboration, We have become stronger and better together. Thank you for your partnership. We are looking forward to another great year together in 2022. From our family to yours. Happy holidays. Happy holidays. Happy holidays. Happy holidays. Happy holidays. Happy holidays. Happy holidays. [chill music]
All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW