Employee Relations Manager
US – Los Angeles, CA
$88000.00 – $174000.00 Annual
December 29, 2020
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in employment related matters.
- Knowledge of public sector laws/requirements; healthcare industry, higher education preferred; experience in a union environment preferred.
- Skill in writing concise, clear, relevant and persuasive documents, including correspondence, case analyses, investigative reports, settlement agreements.
- Demonstrated presentation skills, i.e., grievance meetings, trainings, panels.
- Knowledge of employment laws, including FMLA/CFRA, Reasonable Accommodation, VAWA/CANRA, HIPAA, HEERA,
- FLSA/wage-hour laws, contract interpretation, EEOC/DFEH/DOJ requirements.
- Experience in conducting investigations of harassment allegations, including sexual harassment, hostile work environment, discrimination, HIPAA, workplace behavior.
- Ability to analyze and draft proposals for negotiations, settlements, other employment agreements
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with other UCLA offices (Title IX Office, Office of Legal Affairs, Office of
- Compliance Services, Insurance and Risk Management, etc.) and with the UC Office of the President and other UC campuses.
- MS Office Suite proficiency (MS Word, Outlook, Power Point, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in related area or equivalent combination of education and experience
Share this job