Employee Benefits Coordinator
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Under the direction of the Manager, Benefits, provides assistance in the administration of all benefits programs for Mount Nittany Health, including health, life, disability and retirement plans. Performs a variety of duties in the implementation, maintenance and processing of employee benefits for all Mount Nittany Health employees, including invoice review and processing, input/submission of employee enrollments and updates, and maintenance of benefit materials and documents. Provides excellent customer service in response to employee inquiries and concerns about benefits and provide general support to the HR department.
1) Associate’s Degree in human resources, business, or related field required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
1) Two years' experience in a position with similar duties.
2) Two years of experience with computer programs including Microsoft Office and systems for payroll, personnel or time recording.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Knowledge of employee benefits programs and legal requirements including COBRA, HIPAA and ERISA.
2) Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to think strategically.
3) Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
4) Must be able to utilize computers, and possess advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
5) Individual must be flexible in adjusting to changing work environment, show initiative in addressing issues as they arise and take personal responsibility for promotion of department goals.
6) Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to present and interact with employees at all levels.
7) Must have a demonstrated record of positive customer interactions and a commitment to service.
Receives supervision from the Manager, Benefits.