Employee and Labor Relations Specialist
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Responsible for overseeing the day to day activities of employee and labor relations, ensuring compliance with the bargaining agreement and Mount Nittany Health’s employment and business policies, managing complaint and grievance procedures and assisting in negotiating the collective bargaining agreement. This position also provides recruitment support.
1) Bachelor's Degree required. May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education.
2) Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations or equivalent major preferred.
1) One year of HR experience required.
2) Three years' of professional experience performing labor and employee relations functions which has included progressive responsibility with dispute resolution programs and collective bargaining agreements, grievance handling and investigations preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Conducts business in a professional and cordial manner that upholds the integrity and reputation of Mount Nittany Medical Center.
2) Knowledge of human resource laws and regulations as they relate to the management of staff.
1) None required.