Emergency Medicine Physician*
At Central Maine Healthcare, We are changing the face of healthcare in Maine by providing exceptional quality and accessible care to our patients; where they are and when they need it. We recognize the need to be where our patients are; closer to their communities and offering high quality care through innovative channels. To meet the unique needs of our patient population, we have implemented tele-health and opened Maine Urgent Care and Ambulatory surgical centers within our communities. Our clinical affiliation with Mass General Hospital in Boston provides our community with the most innovative and current treatments available without having to leave Maine. As we continue to expand our services, one thing remains unchanged… our commitment to providing the best healthcare to the region’s residents. Our physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses and staff are committed to providing patients with the quality medical care they deserve!
Central Maine Medical Center is accepting applications for a BC/BE Emergency Medicine Physician to join our democratic hospital-employed group in anticipation of future needs.
- Central Maine Medical Center, located 30 miles north of Portland, Maine, is an accredited Level II trauma center, tertiary referral hospital, and base station for Life Flight of Maine.
- Our ED volume is 50,000 patients/year and our providers typically see 1.5-2.0 patients/hour with a 15-20% admission rate.
- The department boasts diverse pathology and has both fast track and observation areas with low patient waiting times and minimal ED boarding.
- We have excellent subspecialty support including a cardiac cath lab, in-house intensivists, adult and pediatric hospitalists and an EMR.
- As part of an integrated health system, our providers also staff 2 critical access rural EDs and 1 small community ED, each with a volume of 10-13,000 patients/year, allowing for a unique and diverse clinical practice setting.
Fulfill your calling at Central Maine Healthcare to help keep patients healthier and happier so they can enjoy more of what life has to offer.
About Our Community:
Maine is a land full of beauty offering beautiful beaches, a rocky coastline, lakes and mountains all within driving distance. Maine has lots to offer outdoor enthusiasts throughout the year from camping, hiking, biking, swimming, skiing, etc. Within the state there is a burgeoning food, craft drink and entertainment scene. For families, Maine offers safe communities with access to rural and urban areas; as well as nearby airports, train and bus stations. Boston is just a couple of hours to the south and can be accessed by car, train or bus.
Lewiston Region: Maine’s second largest city, Lewiston and the city of Auburn sit on the banks of the Androscoggin River. Together the cities, L/A as it is referred to locally, form the cultural and business center of Androscoggin County. The cities offer a robust food, drink and arts scene along with world-class educational institutions, such as Bates College. Outdoor opportunities abound with trails, public green spaces and water access to the river and area lakes.
Bridgton Region: Bridgton is a town in Cumberland County, Maine; a resort area in Maine’s Lake Region and home to Bridgton Academy, a private preparatory school. The town is nestled among many of the state’s most scenic lakes and offers a variety of year-round outdoor recreation activities, as well as easy access to some of the area’s most significant historical and cultural sites, as well as the Atlantic coast beaches. Ski enthusiasts, in particular, will love this area for its ski slopes –these unique ski slopes, created by the townspeople in the 1930’s, spell the word “LOVE”.
Rumford Region: A beautiful, rural area, the town is located in west-central Maine’s Oxford County and is surrounded by forests, mountains, rivers, and lakes. This area boasts many recreational opportunities for boating, swimming and fishing; and it’s also home to the largest waterfall east of Niagara. The business district of the town is located on “The Island” located between the Androscoggin River and the canals. The Island features restaurants and retail stores along with the local government offices, Post Office and banking institutions.
The Benefits of joining Central Maine Healthcare:
- Work life balance with flexible schedules and Paid time off (Open Choice Time – 7 Weeks)
- Excellent annual compensation and comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Malpractice and Tail coverage, etc.
- Generous Sign-on Bonus program
- Concierge Relocation Assistance or Bonus option
- Tuition Loan Reimbursement: $50,000 / $200,000
- Continuing Medical Education - 5 paid CME days and $3,500 for CME activities
To be considered for this position: Please be considered for this position, please apply through our online, short application process using the APPLY button.
Should you have any difficulty applying, please contact:
Kimberly Levasseur, SHRM-CP