You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- Experience with implementation of emergency management or business continuity programs including hazard analysis, mitigation and preparedness planning, as well as response to and recovery from disaster events
- Prior experience in emergency management, emergency response or a related field, and a working knowledge of the Incident Command System (ICS), Standardized Emergency Management System (SEMS) and National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- Demonstrated skill in managing projects collaboratively through diverse workgroups, in the context of a large and complex organization
- Experience conducting trainings and exercises
- Skills in establishing priorities to complete work in a timely manner, despite changes in workload or assignment, pressure of deadlines, or competing priorities
- Skills in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction
- Writing and editing skills to prepare grammatically correct business correspondence, agendas, and reports with speed and accuracy and knowledge of standard business letter and table formatting to prepare such materials
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access
- Skills in analyzing data in order to be able to create spreadsheets, graphs, and charts that relay correct information for management reports
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and department personnel
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in emergency management or related topic
- Professional certification in emergency management or business continuity
- Experience using Salesforce based applications
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered