Search Our Jobs
State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Emergency Management Project Manager
Req ID: 41639BR
Job Summary: Facilitates work with contracted clients and manages internal Emergency Management projects and activities at the Medical Center.
- Coordinates with contracted clients to support Emergency Management program. Oversees current project management work plans and provides guidance on future or new initiatives.
- Facilitates regular meetings, completion of work plans and training initiatives. Manages and reports progress, successes, and issues to manager. Advocates interdisciplinary participation in all project efforts.
- Supports Medical Center training and planning initiatives. Facilitates workgroup activities, manages and reports progress. Participates in organizational Committees and Councils as assigned member.
- Develops approaches to quantify and report on key performance measures in all project work. Provides training and curriculum development in Emergency Management. Mentors team leaders and teams. Identifies sources of data for teams including internal and external benchmarking information.
- On-call hazmat/emergency management (30%-50%).
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience in emergency management, health care operations, or project management
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- 3-5 years hospital related work experience
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply