Emergency Department Technician
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Responsible to the Manager of the ED for overall practice; works under the supervision Clinical Supervisor, Charge Nurse in the Emergency Department.
1) High school diploma or GED.
1) Two years patient care experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Demonstrates ability to follow directions and work independently, as well as with other personnel in clinical area.
2) Works collaboratively with Emergency Department staff members.
3) Demonstrates a high level of mental and emotional tolerance and even temperament when dealing with all people: uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment and a professional attitude when relating with patient families and co-workers at all times.
1) Current Pennsylvania driver’s license.
2) Certified as an Emergency Medical Technician.
3) Completes the Emergency Vehicle Operators Course (EVOC).
4) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.