EM Physician WEP- Davie Med. Center "Job Details"
Mocksville, NC, United States
- 329 NC 801 N, Mocksville, NC, 27028, US
08/19/2021, 09:52 PM
The physician is a patient-centered, system-oriented teammate who manages the care of all patients within their primary practice/clinical setting. The physician leads an interdisciplinary team to perform assigned clinical duties, while displaying the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct as well as acting in the best interest of Atrium Health, supporting our mission, vision and values.
- Performs medical history, physical examinations, routine assessments and determines treatment plan for patients.
- Documents all patient encounters, records observations, interventions, and actions in a timely and medically appropriate manner on the patient's medical record
- Acts as a patient and family advocate for the population served
- Participates in continuous quality improvement priorities, service delivery processes and service excellence initiatives
- Adheres to access & productivity policies & protocols to ensure that patients’ access to convenient care is optimized
- Adheres to standards and care protocols to deliver appropriate, innovative and cost-effective care management in-person and virtually
- Actively and regularly participates in the assigned meetings/committees
- Models Atrium Health Core Values
- Adheres to Medical Group Minimum Work Standards
- Ability to provide patient centered care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge about established and evolving biomedical, clinical and cognate (epidemiological and social-behavioral) sciences and the application of this knowledge to patient care
Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
- Ability to investigate and evaluate patient care practices, appraise and assimilate scientific evidence, and improve their patient care practices
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange and teaming with patients, families and professional associates
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles and sensitivity to a diverse patient population
- Demonstrate an awareness of and responsibilities to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value
Education, Experience and Certification:
Degree of MD or DO from accredited medical school
Board Eligibility in a clinical discipline is required; Board Certification in a clinical discipline is required within three years of start date/contract effective date; Once obtained, Maintenance of Certification is required
PATIENT POPULATION SERVED:
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses the ability to respond to age specific issues and data reflective of the patient’s status. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the following age groups:
PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION:
Will limit access to protected health information (PHI) to the information reasonably necessary to do the job
Will share information only on a need to know basis for work purposes
Access to verbal, written and electronic PHI for this job has been determined based on job level and job responsibility within the organization. Computerized access to PHI for this job has been determined as described above and is controlled via user ID and password.
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.