Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Provides clerical support to the Medical Center’s continuing education activities. Responsible for the development and administration of the Continuing Medical Education Program, Continuing Nursing Education Program and other continuing education activities. Provides a variety of clerical duties in support of the mission, goals, and activities of the Education Department.
1) Associates Degree in Business, Office Management, Healthcare or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1) High school graduate with two years secretarial experience.
2) May also consider an Associate Degree in Business and/or related field with one year secretarial experience.
3) Experience and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases required.
4) Experience in continuing medical and/or nursing education programming preferred.
5) Experience in use of education software (for example PowerPoint) and learning management systems preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
2) Minimum computer processing skills of 50 wpm (net) with 90% accuracy.
3) Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
4) Understanding of basic mathematical calculations.
5) Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
6) Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
7) Excellent organization skills and attention to detail. Must be able to plan, arrange, and organize work.
8) Manual dexterity sufficient to maintain and operate equipment.
9) Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
10) Flexibility and functions successfully in a changing environment.
11) Initiative, strong critical- and innovative thinking skills.
12) Utilization of available resources and chain of command in problem solving.
13) Knowledge of audiovisual equipment desirable.
1) None required.