EDUC SPECIALIST 1 NURSING UNIT- OR- Pre-OP/PACU
METHODIST MED CNTR SOUTHLAKE
SOUTHLAKE, TX, 76092
Full-time · Day · 0700-1500
Req # 20059961
Your Job: Develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate orientation, continuing education and staff development for OR, Pre-Op and PACU department education.
Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree of Nursing required
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification, ACLS and PALS required
- Five years of experience working in clinical nursing practice and application of adult education in a hospital and/or school of nursing required.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Designs, coordinates, implements and evaluates educational activities.
- Collaborates and consults with all in the development of learning activities.
- Values adult learning principles as evidenced in ongoing learner evaluations.
- Reviews and revises educational activities to incorporate changes in identified needs, advanced technologies, health care trends, updated policies and guidelines and quality improvement issues.
- Able to accept and promote change in healthcare and clinical practice.
- Conducts formal/informal needs assessments, reviews quality data and management/staff requests
- Participates in hospital-wide committee structure
- Maintains all student and learner records, grades and evaluations securely and confidentially
- Coaching/mentoring skills required
- Computer literate and knowledgeable of varied software
- Consistently follows the Standards of Behavior set by Methodist Health System
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptable to change
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Handles confidential material and information appropriately
- Knowledgeable of hospital policies, procedures, and nursing care standards
- Passion for quality, safety, and service
- Positive attitude and approach
- Self-directed, motivated with strong organizational skills
- Team player
- Understands the legal consequences of nursing actions and BNE regulations
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.