State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
ED Technician (36hr, Day/Night)
Req ID: 39990BR
Job Summary: Fully versed in all areas of department operations, performs as a member of a team responsible for completing all tasks necessary for the smooth functioning of the department. Coordinates and expedites the flow of patients and providers. Able to manage multiple clinical responsibilities which may include EKGs, phlebotomy, splinting, wound care, crutch walking, patient activities of daily living and post-mortem care. Provides assistance and support to the physicians and nurses as needed. Assists with clerical and receptionist duties. Adheres to hospital policy regarding patient confidentiality. Exhibits a willingness and ability to communicate self as a caring and respectful person, capable of sensitively responding to patients needs.
- Performs competently and safely in clinical tasks of EKGs, phlebotomy, wound care, splinting, crutch walking, patient activities of daily living and post-mortem care.
- Performs lab testing, specimen collection, according to protocol and communicates results to the appropriate department personnel and documents in the medical record. Inclusive of Point of Care Testing.
- Performs vital signs according to protocol and communicates results to appropriate department personnel and documents interventions in the medical record.
- Performs visual acuity testing competently and reports results to clinical nurse and ED attending.
- Performs oxygen saturation testing competently and reports results to clinical nurse and ED attending.
- Provides Patient Observation when needed in compliance with the Hospital's policy on Patient Observation.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- One or more years of college education or training in a related field or equivalent work related experience.
- MOAB training.
- CPR certification and first aid training preferred, or must complete within 30 days of hire.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply