Echo Ultrasound Technician
Location Newport News, Virginia, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0018769
We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Echo Ultrasound Technician performs diagnostic sonography examinations utilizing ultrasonic equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate and record pertinent anatomical, pathological and functional data.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed methods of ultrasound technique.
- Produces diagnostic images using Doppler, abdominal or other ultrasound.
- Selects transducer and adjust equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field and other specifications of test.
- Explains procedures to patients so they are well informed regarding the examination and address any of their concerns.
- Keys in test data and patient information into computer to maintain records of test results.
- Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or invasive procedures.
- Maintains and calibrate equipment to insure accuracy of results.
- Updates all medical records to insure accuracy.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentor new staff members.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Monitors quality control to assure accuracy of examination.
- Assists with transporting patients to and from room.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Explains procedure to patients so they may understand what is being done to them.
- Prepares preliminary ultrasound report for physician.
Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Current RDMS or must be registry eligible and registered within one year of eligibility.
- Current state licensure or permit to practice medical imagining.
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support.
- Minimum two years working as an Imaging Tech.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree a big plus.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience.
- Used to an environment where there is indirect management (vs direct management responsibility).
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers or Ultra sound sonographers.
The Echo Ultrasound Technician performs diagnostic sonography examinations utilizing ultrasonic equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate and record pertinent anatomical, pathological and functional data.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director