Echo and Vascular Technician
Location St. Louis, Missouri, United States of America Category Medical Center Support Job Id R0009174
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
- Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed and proper methods of ultrasound techniques.
- Generates and produce diagnostic imaging using two-dimensional imaging, spectral and color flow Doppler as well as any other available imaging techniques:
- Echocardiography/Cardiac Ultrasound
- Vascular Ultrasound
- General Ultrasound
- Selects proper transducer and adjustment of equipment according to the needs required for proper diagnostic testing (subject organ(s) to be examined, depth of field, etc.) along with other requirements for proper and productive testing.
- Explains the procedures to patients and address their concerns.
- Keys test data and patient information into computer to maintain record of test results.
- Generates detailed preliminary reports of findings.
- Communicates STAT findings as detailed in organizational processes.
- Consents records.
- Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or invasive procedures.
- Maintains equipment according to requirements and industry standards, at least once a month.
- Monitors, records, and communicates as appropriate the utilization of computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Influences and create SOPs for Ultrasound best practices.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients to and from room.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Travels to different office locations as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel outside of assigned market up to 30% of the time
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA
- Five (5) years of experience post internship/externship preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school in Ultrasound technology in healthcare related field preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of experience post internship/externship
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) required to perform Echo cardiograms
- Must be registered in specific ultrasound modality they perform, e.g. vascular, general
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) required
This is a healthcare position working directly with patients and their families, doctors and other medical personnel in a dynamic and professional environment to provide the highest level of quality healthcare to all patients.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Cardiac Sonographer, RDCS, RCS
Category Medical Center Support Posted Date 01/19/2021