E.R. Tech. -Emergency Department – Full-time Nights w/rotating weekends
Category: Nursing Support
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: September 24, 2021
Provides direct care to patients and families in a developmentally, culturally, and ethically appropriate manner.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Participates in patient care data collection and unit-specific treatments as directed by staff nurse and in accordance with established standards, policies,and procedures, to include IV’s, phlebotomy, 12 lead EKG, foley catheter, vital signs, wound care, measure for crutches and TEDS. Assists the orthopedic and emergency physicians, PA/NPs with the management of fracture reduction, dislocations, and the application of casts. Applies slings, ace wraps, crutches/canes, immobilizers, plaster, fiberglass and preformed splints and instructs patients in their proper care and use.
- Processes written medical staff orders in accordance with established policy and procedure. Labels blood tubes/lab specimen correctly 100%; communicates STAT or urgent orders to the care provider.
- Documents all care and treatment provided to patients, i.e. height, weight Point of Care Testing via computerized documentation.
- Transports medications, as necessary during the usual course of transporting patients within the institution, in keeping with policy and procedure regarding medication security. Ensures that medication is delivered to persons authorized to handle medication according to AAMC policy.
- Maintains adequate levels of supplies and equipment as defined by the unit, department, or initiative.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS
- Current certification as a Nursing Assistant by the Maryland Board of Nursing.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)