Driver and Record Control Coord
This role requires a valid Driver's License and excellent driving abilities with an accident-free driving record (less than two accidents in the last two years).
Job Location: Dedham, MA
Req ID: 35048BR
Job Summary: Reporting to the Manager of the BIDMC Record Center, this position is responsible for ensuring the safe delivery of BIDMC records between the Record Center in Dedham and BIDMC. The delivery is typically once a day, however the position will also cover for the driver when needed. Responsibilities while working inside the Record Center include retrieval, distribution, tracking, filing, and scanning of medical records.
- Adheres to all state and federal motor carrier guidelines (including DOT safety regulations) as well as all department and Medical Center policies and procedures.
- Files medical records, radiology films, and loose reports by medical record number.
- Safely and securely delivers and picks up medical records, radiology films, and boxes from BIDMC, Needham Hospital, and other various departments.
- Prepares and scans documents; monitors the process for miss-feeds and addresses issues in a timely manner to minimize production interruptions. Verifies quality of the scanned documents and re-scans as necessary.
- Completes accurate daily and periodic inspections records. Fills out incident reports as necessary.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Excellent driving abilities and accident free driving record (less than two accidents in the last two years).
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.