State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Req ID: 39617BR
Job Summary: Supports the ongoing mission of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center to provide high quality, state of the art patient care including maintaining and supporting the present clinical programs and researching and delivering new or cutting edge technology to the department. Provides radiation treatment planning (approximately 85% of job) and quality assurance services (approximately 15% of the job) for external beam radiation. Monitors and promotes the correct implementation of treatment plans for individual patients. Provides treatment planning services for CareGroup institutions utilizing state of the art planning techniques and equipment quality control. This job may include some traveling to local satellite radiation treatment centers.
- Monitors unit calculations for patients treated with simple fields.
- Enters all dosimetric parameters in the record and verify system.
- Provides assistance to therapists regarding patient treatment plan implementation and/or set-up
- Provides quality assurance of patient treatment through weekly checking of patients' charts and attending General chart rounds.
- Provides physicians and/or therapists with physics consultations including assisting during CT-aided simulations.
- Generates graphically planned cases from the CT-simulator to provide an accurate representation of the dose distribution in the patient based on the physician's prescription. Performs relevant tasks to ensure the transfer, quality assurance and implementation of the treatment plan. Creates IMRT plans based on volumetric image representation of the patient.
- Participates in Radiation Treatment planning committees designed to improve patient care and treatment.
- Participates in the ongoing quality assurance program for IMRT cases including assisting in the measurement of patient specific IMRTQA.
- Participates in research and development activities under the supervision of physicists, as directed by management.
- Bachelor's degree in Physics, related Science or Engineering required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required in Radiation Therapy Physics.
- Competent skills in treatment planning (3D and IMRT/VMAT plans).
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- CMD Certification strongly preferred.
- Experience with Pinnacle Treatment Planning System strongly preferred. Experience with Mosaiq R&V system preferred.
- Experience and understanding in quality assurance procedures on linear accelerators preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply