State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Req ID: 43177BR
Job Summary: The responsibilities of the dosimetrist includes (and is not limited to) treatment planning for 3D, IMRT/VMAT, and electron treatments, dose summations, image fusions, participation in improvement projects and department committees, training and teaching of students and residents, and possibility of supporting IMRT QA program. Dosimetrists work as a team to support clinical needs.
- Provide radiation treatment planning services for external beam irradiation. Generate graphically planned cases (3D conformal, IMRT and electron). Monitors correct implementation of treatment plan.
- Assist therapists during the CT simulation and treatment set-up processes (when needed) regarding patient treatment plan implementation and efficient use of patient geometry.
- Work closely with radiation oncologists and medical physicists to ensure the design high quality treatment plans that can be safely implemented for treatment.
- Provide training/teach students, residents, and other staff members in treatment planning. Participate in improvement projects and departmental committees.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical dosimetry or associated science required required. Master's degree in Accredited Dosimetry Program preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Experience in 3D and IMRT/VMAT treatment planning.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- CMD (MDCB) board certification in Medical Dosimetry
- Registered radiation therapists and/or ABR/ABMP certified candidates will also be considered.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized in 100 Great Hospitals in America
How to Apply