Director, Total Rewards
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Leads the development and implementation of a total rewards strategy that will further support Mount Nittany Health’s efforts to attract and retain the best employees. The director demonstrates thought leadership on the development of total rewards methodologies and approaches, leading the implementation of new projects and initiatives and directing the service delivery of the compensation and benefits teams. Aids in the solution design, configuration and maintenance of HRIS and HR analytics to drive improvement.
1) Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resource Administration or other related field.
2) Master’s degree preferred.
1) Five years’ HR leadership experience in the design and implementation of complex compensation and benefits programs.
2) Human Resources Healthcare experience preferred.
3) HRIS leadership experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Knowledge of ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA and emerging regulatory issues preferred.
2) Strong written and oral communication skills.
3) Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
4) Strong attention to detail.
5) Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook and experience using Human Resources Information Systems.
6) Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of employees and managers.
7) Ability to professionally handle confidential material and associated issues.
8) Strong team player and willingness to assist team members as needed.
9) Knowledge of human resource laws and regulations as they relate to the management of staff.
10) Planning and project management skills.
11) Ability to critically analyze information/situations and propose solutions.
12) Creative problem solving skills.
13) Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
14) Demonstrated competencies in achieving results, creativity, critical judgment, customer orientation, and teamwork.
15) Ability to work under pressure and meet response time requirements.
16) Conducts business in a professional and cordial manner that upholds the integrity and reputation of Mount Nittany Health System.
1) PHR or SPHR preferred.
Receives minimal supervision from the CHRO.