State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Director, Service Line Marketing
Req ID: 40931BR
Job Summary: The Director Service Line Marketing is responsible for developing strategic marketing plans for assigned service lines, in alignment with Beth Israel Lahey Health's business strategy. This leader's focus is to establish compelling value propositions and engage with consumers and referring physicians in order to grow clinical volume and achieve positive return on investment. This individual has a passion for data and the achievement of key performance indicators. The individual in this role has significant interface with clinical leaders across the system, and strong working knowledge of diseases/conditions and related treatments, competitive positioning and financials. This role presents marketing initiatives and results to executive leadership.
- Lead discussions with hospital, business unit and clinical leadership to understand business goals and competitive positioning in order to ensure marketing priorities, strategies, tactics and resources are appropriately aligned.
- Analyze strategic planning data and insights, along with proprietary and syndicated marketing research to understand key market dynamics, trends and competition that will drive marketing strategy.
- Understands all operational, financial and clinical components of assigned service lines.
- Assess the operational readiness of each hospital/business unit to support growth, consulting with administrative leaders on areas for improvement.
- Establish differentiation for BILH's offerings by developing behavior-motivating, consumer-directed value propositions.
- Develop and implement integrated strategic marketing plans to support growth for assigned service lines and programs, building targeted engagement strategies that utilize the full spectrum of traditional and digital communications channels.
- Develop quantitative forecasts of expected campaign results, ensuring that all campaign tactics are measurable.
- Drive integration and coordination among strategic planning, brand strategy, digital engagement and internal/external communications in support of campaign objectives.
- Analyze key performance indicators on an ongoing basis to assess campaign effectiveness; continuously refining based on learnings and identification of best practices.
- Drive team performance to meet and exceed performance targets with accountability for achieving expected results and meeting service level agreements.
- Has the responsibility to lead and support managers and directors in developing and improving operations to create optimal performance levels. Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: None
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing/Communications or other related field. required. Master's degree in business administration, marketing, health administration or related field stron preferred.
- 8-10 years related work experience required in Progressively responsible experience in strategic marketing and communications. and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Strategic thinker and the ability to mobilize cross-functional teams to develop fully integrated marketing strategy.
- Strong interpersonal communication and political acumen skills and advanced skills to represent the department and health system with other institutional and/or external constituencies.
- Strong skills to produce results and achieve predetermined goals within budget and time constraints.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Health care experience strongly preferred.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply