Director Provider Relations
10 High Street Building
At Central Maine Healthcare our team members are committed to providing exceptional care and experiences for our community and for each other every day.
Job Title: Director, Provider Relations
Department: 708130 Provider Relations
Date: April 16, 2021 | DRAFT
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, Communications and Advocacy, the Director of Provider Relations will lead a team effort to educate and influence provider behaviors in support of overall CMH strategic and operating priorities including achieving targeted growth and improving access to and effectiveness of care delivery. The director, in concert with strategy and development, will identify target markets to establish and maintain relationships and actively seek stakeholder and community partners to improve processes, access and outcomes. Coordination and support for hospital, medical group and service line leadership will be critical to the success of this role.
- In coordination with health system leadership, develops annual and quarterly strategic targeting objectives for provider relations team in alignment with market strategies and initiatives.
- Supports hospital presidents, medical group leadership and service line directors to effectively align and achieve goals by establishing and maintaining provider and institution relationships; planning and coordinating strategic outreach efforts.
- Reviews, assesses and develops outreach strategies based on available and appropriate data; and provide consistent communication of goals/outcomes.
- Ensures timely documentation by provider relations team members for provider calls (meetings) and issue resolution management into the PRM system.
- Partners with marketing to develop outreach collateral and strategies to be used uniformly throughout the markets and hospitals.
- Collaborates weekly (or as needed) with health system leadership to discuss trends, business growth opportunities, obstacles to service line retention, and results from Provider Relations outreach activities.
- Develops and disseminates regular reporting on activity and outcomes against goals to targeted leadership audiences within CMH.
- Supports the efforts of the provider relations function by hiring, onboarding, and providing ongoing training and resources to the provider relations team members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, and/or Healthcare related field required. Master’s degree in Business and/or Health Administration preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of 10 years of progressive healthcare experience or account management with consultative selling, or other relationship-based experience in a health care environment and five (5) years management/leadership experience. Clinical Sales experience is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in managing a customer relations service and information program for a complex organization.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to maintain progress on multiple priorities and respond timely to diverse internal and external constituencies.
- Proficient in computer software applications
- Confident and resourceful in taking initiatives to build relationships and meet patient/provider needs.
- Ability to research, understand, and explain healthcare service line volumes, market data regarding physician preferences, facility financial reports, relationship management strategies, and market demographic data tools and other insightful reports (i.e. Excel, CRM/PRM platforms, Claims Data Software, marketing data sources, etc.).
- Ability to develop and communicate solutions that identify and address issues and concerns raised by patients, staff and medical service providers. Listens well and is considered a subject-matter expert in problem-solving for outreach, strategy, and growth.
- Executive presence and ability to work across all levels of the organization, while demonstrating engagement, confidence, persuasive communication skills, emotional intelligence, and organizational awareness.
- Ability to execute with consistent and timely documentation, proactive with identifying and resolving market concerns and opportunities. Perseveres relentlessly when challenged, acts proactively, and inspires other to do the same.
- Maintains and upholds the highest standard of ethical behavior in all circumstances.
- Takes a systematic and organized approach to growth development processes and works effectively to rapidly progress decision-makers to action. Able to prioritize
- Is accountable and accepts accountability for one’s own actions and results. Can be depended upon to execute on agreed upon actions to support both individual and team objectives. Committed to continuous self-improvement
- Works well with others, provides support and assistance to team members, and helps others to accomplish objectives.
- Expected Travel: Local travel to provider distributed provider locations - 75%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Represent the organization in a positive manner, support and encourages strong morale within the team and maintain effective, professional relationships with others
- Ability to engage patients and team members utilizing the CMH Experience Standards
I am creating a warming, caring, and non-judgmental environment
I am actively listening and seeking information
I am honest, truthful, and consistent
I am respectful, treating all individuals with dignity and empathy
I am serving as a role model, taking both initiative and ownership when appropriate
I am working collaboratively and demonstrating teamwork
I am resilient and adapt to change in positive ways.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are looking for your next great career opportunity, we look forward to reviewing your application!
Posted 2 Days Ago
AT CENTRAL MAINE HEALTHCARE YOU ARE AT THE CENTER OF EVERYTHING WE DO
Our why, our purpose, drives every decision and action we take as a healthcare system. We strive everyday to deliver exceptional care, and to improve our community. We are a non-profit organization that is breaking the traditional healthcare mold by bringing our patients and their family’s high value, low cost, and award-winning care while focusing on creating an exceptional experience for them; all within their communities. To accomplish this, we only hire individuals who are committed to excellence, who embody the principles of our CMH Experience Service Standards, and who are ready to step in and help their fellow team members achieve those exceptional results for our patients, their families, and the community.
Central Maine Healthcare System
The organization is broad in its footprint, with three (3) hospitals in Bridgton, Lewiston, and Rumford, and over 75 individual practices within our Medical Group. Lewiston’s Central Maine Medical Center is a certified and award-winning level two trauma center, along with our Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute and the upcoming highly anticipated launch of our comprehensive state of the art cancer treatment center. Both Bridgton and Rumford Hospitals are four (4) star accredited acute care hospitals, and our Medical Group and Maine Urgent Care Centers have won multiple awards within their specialties. As a system we are a six-time winner of the Leapfrog Safety A Rating since 2019, representing some of the highest quality care and outcomes nationwide. Our awards and accolades are only possible as a result of our commitment to culture, and a focus on safety and inclusion, in each of our patient’s experiences and in the experiences we create within our teams.
If you are a person who is looking for a way to give back to your community, to help improve the lives of patients or those who care for our patients, want to be part of a growing organization that is setting the bar for Maine healthcare, apply to join Central Maine Healthcare today!