On December 1, 2013, Starr Regional Medical Center was formed as a merger of Athens Regional Medical Center and Woods Memorial Hospital. The two-hospital system offers and increased level of care to the region by sharing resources, physicians and knowledge between the two hospitals. This ultimately allows us to provide the best patient care to those utilizing our services.
It's never been easier to find information about Starr Regional Medical Center to make your visit with us as smooth as possible. The links on the left will connect you to explanations of our specialty services and our phone directory, among other items.
StarrRegional.com will be your trusted source online not only for your hospital information, but also for the time-saving, easy to use, in-depth healthcare information resource you'll want to refer to frequently.
Be active in your healthcare decisions, not a spectator. That's why we give you access to millions of pages of the most credible, up-to-date medical information available. You can rely on such expert sources as The Merriam Webster Medical Dictionary.
Quality healthcare and information you can trust. That's the winning combination of Starr Regional Medical Center and StarrRegional.com. We are located at 1114 West Madison Avenue in Athens, Tenn., and 886 Highway 411 North in Etowah, Tenn.. If you would like further information about our hospital or our services, please call (423)745-1411 (Athens) or 423-263-3600 (Etowah).
Starr Regional Medical Center is evaluated and accredited by the Joint Commission. The Joint Commission is a regulatory agency that sets the standards on how hospitals should operate, and then inspects hospitals to see if they are abiding by the standards. Safety and quality are two areas reviewed by the Joint Commission, areas which are taken very seriously by Starr Regional Medical Center.
Starr Regional Medical Center
Director of Plant Operations / Maintenance - Full Time - position available.
Core competencies for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical,administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding.
- Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Ensures department stays focused on their important role in the continuum of care.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field or Associates Degree and 10 years experience in related field is required.
- Current CPI Certification or obtains within 6 months of hire date is preferred.
- BLS is required.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 70 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating affiliates and subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries and/or affiliates of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries and/or affiliates of LifePoint Health, Inc.