Director, Physical Security and Safety
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Corporate Job Id R0015401
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development and management of security strategies to promote the security and safety of people, physical structures, and locations as well as the financial and intellectual assets of the company. This includes threat assessment, investigation and communication.
- Proactively coordinates operational matters with the intelligence and investigative functions of the company, business and medical leaders of centers, and if needed, with outside law enforcement agencies to ensure that threats, risks, and losses are identified, evaluated, prioritized and acted upon in a timely fashion.
- Collaborates with, and provides counsel to, employees, functional stakeholders, and executives to develop, facilitate and assess security strategies and tactics for protecting company assets, employees, and brand.
- Oversees the monitor of threat(s) to our people and business locations due to changes in the environment (political/social).
- Authorizes security services and guard additions for prevention efforts or in response to risks in the environment. Manages vendor relationships.
- Develops emergency management planning area and departmental budgets.
- Ensures all life/safety systems (CCTV, Access Control/Intrusion Alarms Systems, etc.) are maintained and functional to current technology.
- Works with internal departments and external vendors in the creation and implementation of new systems for current facility enhancements and provide expertise for the construction of new facilities.
- Oversees the effort to collect, provide, and manage all requested information/documentation for regulatory compliance. These audits include (HIPAA) and corporate internal compliance (Door Owner Policy/Audits, Corp Physical Security Verification Audits, etc.). Ensures all security regulatory and compliance requirements are met.
- Ensures a level of proactive threat intelligence, analyzing information in order to provide solutions in emergency events.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Expertise in leading teams for both large public and private sector organizations
- Accomplished leadership background in overseeing sensitive people safety threats, workplace violence mitigation to a successful conclusion
- Well established criminal, civil investigative background with strong knowledge of criminal, civil procedures, and evidence handling and a strong understanding of business principals with high level interviewing and interrogations skills
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize complex matters for a growing organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and facilitation
- Strong knowledge of criminal law, evidence, investigative and physical security protocols
- Strong level of professionalism with experience in engaging with senior level management
- Ability to collaborate with people of all levels and backgrounds
- Analytical thinker with the ability to leverage data analysis to solve problems
- Effective influencing and, problem-solving skills in public and private sector environment
- Strong decision-making skills to quickly determine an action and execute that action during an emergency situation
- Interpersonal skills to provide superior service to associates and build strong partnership with other corporate security leaders, people teams, functional leaders (HR, Legal, Operations, IT)
- Ability to conduct training both one on one and classroom environments
- Proven ability to coach and develop teams
- Able to interface and work with Federal/State/County/City emergency personnel, vendors, visitors, and auditors as well as interactions with foreign officials in the course of the duties of the office.
- Ability to obtain, carry a concealed weapon(s) license in various states
- Proven criminal and civil investigative leadership background
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 40% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent; experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis above the minimum experience required
- Graduation from accredited Law Enforcement Academy
- MA/MS/MBA degree or equivalent in Business, Management or related field preferred
- ASIS Certified Protection Professional (current designation) preferred
- Ten (10) years’ work experience in corporate security, law enforcement organization, corporate risk organization, U.S. military or combination
- Five (5) years’ experience in a leadership or management role including extensive experience in emergency management and planning
The Director, Physical Security & Safety will lead and build a high impact security operations team focused on protecting Chenmed people: employees, patients, and visitors at ChenMed Healthcare Centers nationwide. This position is responsible for creating a vision and strategy for physical security that aligns with ChenMed’s mission and operational risk profile. As part of the Corporate Security Department Center of Excellence (COE) leadership team, this role will own the strategy, development and deployment of comprehensive enterprise-wide physical security. This position directs operational security activities through management level team members on a day-to-day basis and ensures proper communication and collaboration throughout the organization. This position is also responsible for successful interaction with external agencies and the administration of security programs. This position is also responsible for enterprise-wide emergency management planning; people safety; national contract security services; and physical security technologies and systems.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Vice President, Operations/Organic Growth
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Corporate Posted Date 03/05/2021
Vice President, Operations - Talent Development
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Corporate Posted Date 01/20/2021
Director, Operations COE
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Corporate Posted Date 02/11/2021
Director, Insider Threat and Risk
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Corporate Posted Date 02/17/2021
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Corporate Posted Date 02/12/2021