Director of Talent Management & Leadership Development
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities.
The director will be responsible for partnering with senior leadership, Human Resources leaders, and other system leaders to develop an organization and leadership development strategy that aligns with or system priorities and talent philosophy. This position will lead the team in the assessment, design, implementation and evaluation of organizational development strategies, leadership development initiatives, succession planning processes, change management strategies and performance management/development strategies to improve the system’s overall organizational effectiveness and performance.
Education: Graduate degree in instructional design, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Adult Education and/or related field required.
Experience: A minimum of eight years of experience in the field of leadership and organization development with at least three to five years in a leadership role required.
Additional skills required:
- Demonstrated knowledge of current local, federal and state regulatory and governing standards for Leadership Development
- Speed to Market: Effectively works in a fast-paced work environment to deliver results
- World Class: Knowledgeable about HR best practices and future trends in healthcare and in industry
- Problem Solving: Strong analytical, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Digital Fluency: Proficiency with virtual meetings and Microsoft Office 365, specifically Power Point, Excel and Teams
- Highly Effective Communicator: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, appropriately and inclusively with key stakeholders at all levels
- Inclusion and Belonging: Fosters a work environment of inclusion and belonging for all team members
- Judgment: Demonstrated ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results
- Display positive image through business professional attire
- Respect confidential information
- Must have demonstrated experience in leadership development, performance management, succession planning, leadership coaching and working with senior leadership
- Must have well developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be comfortable working across the organization and be able to relate effectively to a wide range of staff from individual contributors to the most senior executives
- Analytically sound with experience creating a framework for assessing, measuring and tracking learning & development programming success
- Ability to seamlessly navigate between the big picture and the details, and between hands-on and strategic
- A track record of success in leading a high-performing, diverse team managing programs/processes to develop capabilities across an enterprise
- A consultative, relationship building approach and experience with engaging and partnering at all levels
- Brings a decisive and collaborative style that matches the speed of change and culture of the organization
Additional skills preferred:
- Certifications in assessments (i.e., MBTI, Hogan) and executive coaching
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovative drive for reaching the next great idea and exceeding goals
- Intellectual depth, moral integrity, personal vision, creativity, leadership skills, fortitude, sincerity and diplomacy
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of Novant Health
- Bilingual in Spanish / English
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health