Director of Safety Security and Emergency Management
The Director of Safety, Security and Emergency Management will integrate safety, security and emergency management needs into the strategic objectives of the organization. This person will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing all of the organization’s safety, security and emergency management strategies, programs and procedures. This person will identify and be fully informed about the nature and types of risks that may affect the organization, its personnel, patients/clients/customers and visitors at all Central Maine Healthcare locations. In cooperation with senior leadership, the Director of Safety, Security and Emergency Management will direct the development of an effective strategy to assess and mitigate these risks, maintain continuity of operation, and develop protocols and procedures for handling crisis should they arise.
- Responsible for managing and working collaboratively with other functional groups to design, implement, and maintain a comprehensive, system wide safety, security, and emergency management program.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains departmental organizational structures to effectively accomplish the organizational safety, security and emergency management goals and objectives; recruits, trains, supervises, and evaluates unit staff. Manages consultants and temporary staff as appropriate. Remains accessible to staff requests for guidance. Mentors and develops staff by increasing their knowledge of technical and regulatory issues.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of personnel, and in committees of diverse constituency. Develops and designs training content related to regulatory compliance and safety education.
- Responsible for managing, leading and advising other departments in regulatory compliance relative to applicable regulations, permits, codes, and standards, including those of EPA, DHHS, OSHA, DEP, local Fire Departments, and TJC. Advises/supports various committees to develop and review policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and/or participates in hospital committees related to health and safety, security, and emergency management. Oversees and assures the effectiveness of the department's primary functions including safety training, hazard surveillance, incident management, policy and procedure development, emergency preparedness, etc.
- Assesses long-term EH&S, Security, and preparedness goals of the institution and develops plans to meet immediate needs while implementing steps to meet future challenges.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 8-10 years related work experience required and 5-8 years supervisory/management experience required
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
Certified Healthcare Environmental Manager (CHEM); Certified Safety Professional (CSP); Certified Protection Professional (CPP); or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation.