JOB SUMMARY: Works closely with direct reports and nursing staff to ensure sufficient resources (staff, facilities, supplies, and systems) to accomplish the highest quality of patient care in a cost-effective manner. Responds to the needs of the staff reporting to this position by assisting in the supervision, interviewing and selection of new staff members. Collaborates with all members of the multidisciplinary leadership team and coordinates operational planning, systems assessment and analysis, program development and information management across the continuum of the WFBH system consistent with the mission and values of the organization.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing required. Master's degree in Nursing, Health Care Management, or Business Administration with five years' experience in relevant nursing areas and management or supervisory position in an academic medical center or tertiary hospital setting required. DNP preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Current RN license in good standing in the State of North Carolina. Certification in administration or clinical specialty within one year of hire
1. Exemplifies the Wake Forest Baptist Health (WFBH) Values and Code of Conduct, while striving to identify compliance risk through department led risk assessments, system monitoring, and periodic audits, and reporting any identified violation to Legal Services and Corporate Compliance Departments. Ensures immediate action is taken on any issues identified through a self-assessment or by Legal Services or Corporate Compliance; that policies are developed or revised as necessary; and that efforts are made to ensure a positive and compliant work environment for all employees.
2. Demonstrates leadership in the areas of:
Clinical Competence in specialty assigned
Nursing practice standards
Continuous quality improvement
Institutional support and representation
3. Provides leadership in human resource development and management while acquiring and allocating human, material and financial resources for specific functions and processes. Collaborates with Human Resources Department on the recruitment and retention of staff in all reporting departments. Serves as a professional role model and mentor to motivate, develop, and recruit, and retain future nurse administrators and clinical leaders.
4. Accountable for the planning, development and implementation of an approved operational and capital budget. Identifies areas of need, determines feasibility, and makes appropriate recommendations in all operational areas. Fiscal management responsibilities include reviewing and planning goals for each department, facilitating the development and divisional goals, which are congruent with institutional goals. Ensures that procedures and controls are employed by each department and analyzes, develops and monitors corrective action plans to meet established fiscal goals.
5. In conjunction with the CNE, CNO and Medical Directors, assists in the creation and development of long-range strategic plans and goals. Participates with the governing board, medical staff, and management to plan, promote, and conduct organization wide performance improvement activities. Participates in preparation and presentation of issues to the Board of Trustees, Medical Executive Committees and other entities as assigned. Reviews and evaluates the implications of proposed long- and short-term goals and strategic objectives. Responsible for the overall planning and development of clinical programs, the development and monitoring of standards, the quality assurance program, research, and educational activities.
6. Ensures direction and oversight of key functions and activities for designated departments, units, programs, procedural areas, and outpatient clinics. Provides leadership in critical thinking, conflict management, and problem solving. Facilitates the development of policies and procedures, which affect clinical practice, including collaboration with medical, administrative or department head colleagues, as appropriate, in the development and approval of such policies and procedures. Promotes and facilitates participation in Professional Governance for all areas in which nursing is practiced.
7. Provides continuous quality improvement with quality 'indicators' to initiate and drive organizational change in an evolving cycle of continuous improvement. Maintains compliance with hospital, regulatory, and Joint Commission guidelines and adherence to quality improvement standards in effective patient care.
8. Builds and maintains collaborative partnerships both within and outside the institution. Such relationships include other CNOs, Directors of Nursing, medical staff, hospital administrative staff and department heads, community health and education agencies, and other agencies relating to health care on a local, state and national basis. Partners with Finance and other operating groups to facilitate the smooth delivery of key deliverables. May serve on a number of standing committees and councils.
9. Participates in planning, monitoring, and evaluating efforts to improve patient satisfaction/patient perception of care.
10. Functions as a professional manager of resources and environment, as well as a facilitator of the clinical practice of nursing and operation. Responsible for all aspects of nursing and clinical care.
11. Demonstrates organizational commitment, ethical and professional behavior by serving as a role model for hospital values to staff, physicians and patients. Maintains appropriate confidentiality of privileged information. Participates in activities to promote professional growth and development.
- Strong commitment to values of excellence, compassion, innovation, integrity, and collegiality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Organizational behavior and development, ability to prioritize work assignments and meet deadline
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong financial management skills
- Ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality
- Flexibility to respond quickly in a changing environment
- Functions effectively under stressful conditions and difficult situations
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of TJC standards and other applicable state and federal regulations
- Proficient computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Epic
- Clean, well-lit and comfortable environment
- Highly stressful, dynamic conditions
- Potential exposure to contamination with bloody or bodily fluids, requiring protective equipment
- Required Protective Equipment: Eye/face protection, gown, mask, gloves
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.