STRHS - Lawrenceburg is a 99-bed acute care facility, fully accredited by The Joint Commission and the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital has served Lawrence County and the surrounding counties. For more information please visit: https://www.southerntnlawrenceburg.com/
Southern Tennessee Regional Health System - Lawrenceburg
Would you enjoy the challenge of managing a skilled and caring Medical/Surgical team? If you have leadership skills and strong experience in the Medical/Surgical unit, you may be the person we need to join our team
Southern Tennessee Regional Health System - Lawrenceburg is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Director for the Medical/Surgical Department.
If you possess a desire to help others succeed, this is an opportunity for you!
Situated among the rolling, green hills of southern Middle Tennessee, STRHS-Lawrenceburg is a 99-bed, acute care facility located in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee, 85 miles south of Nashville. Lawrenceburg's population is approximately 15,000 so, our community has the small town feel but, with all the extra accommodations. Here at STRHS-Lawrenceburg, everyone will know you by name. Our atmosphere is warm and friendly, which makes coworkers feel more like family. STRHS-Lawrenceburg is dedicated to providing our friends and neighbors with the healthcare they need close to home. What makes us special is our staff. Our healthcare professionals are well-trained, dedicated, and above all else, caring. STRHS-Lawrenceburg is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and the Society of Chest Pain Centers
This is a full time, professional position reporting directly to the Chief Nursing Officer. As the leader of the department, the Director is responsible for managing the department using sound business principles and ensuring compliance with all regulatory, accreditation and company policies and procedures. This position may require some evening and weekend hours, when necessary. The Director of the Medical/Surgical Unit will oversee all Medical/Surgical department's activities and resources.
- Manage and coordinate Med/Surg unit.
- Direct and supervise functions and activities
- Interpret policies, procedures, standards, regulations as is appropriate to personnel, medical staff, patients and public
- Perform nursing duties as needed.
- Direct, coordinate, and administer the operations and activities of the department in order to effectively achieve the organization’s established goals
- Assess and evaluate care/services provided, staffing levels, competence and educational needs of all employees and effectively coordinate and control resources.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication and development and implementation of organizational and departmental policies/procedures.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, in-service, projects and committees as assigned.
- Displays proven servant leadership attributes with co-workers and colleagues, customers, physicians, and employees. Participates in, and is engaged in, leadership activities that serve employees, such as the Service Excellence Team (SET).
- Represents the facility in community activities in a positive and professional manner.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Current and active Registered Nurse License in the State of Tennessee
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.