You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least four years of experience in financial aid management and supervision or related experience; or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties. Advanced degree preferred
- Broad knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs and recordkeeping requirements.
- Knowledge of higher education processes, supervisory and personnel practices, communication techniques and computer software.
- Extensive experience with need analysis, counseling, and packaging aid.
- Knowledge of federal and institutional methodologies.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment when reviewing student files and appeals.
- General knowledge of accounting practices, data processing and computer systems and applications, including MS Excel.
- Excellent skills in data analysis and reporting.
- Must be able to present effectively at public events, student presentations, and high-level meetings and conferences.Must be able to effectively communicate with a diverse group of students, parents and staff.
- Excellent skill in writing professional, concise, logical and grammatically correct forms, letters, memos, consumer guides, financial aid publications, presentations, and work procedures.
- Ability to effectively advocate for and support a diverse student body.
- Ability to manage highly sensitive information and maintain confidentiality in accordance with all Federal, State, institutional, and office regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to travel to workshops and conferences on behalf of the school.
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered