State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Director of Ambulatory Operations HCA (Temporary)
Req ID: 38547BR
Job Summary: Leads operational initiatives in identified ambulatory services and other areas in order to achieve established goals. Responsible for strategic planning, educational and financial operations of division, budget management, improvements in access, overall customer satisfaction, communication, clinical service delivery, operating efficiency, and staff development. Assumes accountability for success of such initiatives through identified, measurable goals and pertinent data. Assumes full responsibility for budget development and monitoring in conjunction with the Senior Vice President and Division Chief.
- Responsible and accountable for operations in designated department/divisions. Participates in long-range planning, development of departmental/ambulatory divisional goals, strategic plans and objectives, as well as personnel, resources, space and equipment needs and decisions. Develops policies/procedures for the division and ambulatory services.
- Develops open access practice model and a system of reviews to ensure the delivery of optimal patient care. Works with interdisciplinary teams to improve access through efforts aimed at increasing capacity to support demand and growth. Oversees patient satisfaction surveys, action plans, customer service and mystery shopping. Identifies and acts on issues that affect the delivery of patient care.
- Serves as principal resource on divisional financial matters. Develops and manages hospital and HMFP budgets. Advises on availability and use of funds, authorizes expenditures and assigns them to appropriate budget or fund. Monitors budgets for research and educational activities. Oversees special purpose funds and endowment accounts.
- Analyzes and prepares reports on all activities, volume statistics, collections, research (grant) support; makes informed financial forecasts and resources needs. Ensures all revenues are meeting budget goals. Measures success with pertinent and measurable data based on targeted goals, developed using Performance Manager Reports.
- Coordinates recruitment of clinical and research faculty and participates in confidential salary planning. Oversees contractual negotiations for physician services between the division and the Medical Center to ensure purchased physician services meet estimated volumes. Works collaboratively with research administration to ensure that bench and clinical research is managed appropriately.
- Has the authority to direct and support managers with functional area responsibilities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: 51-100
- Has full responsibility for planning, monitoring and managing budgets for multiple departments.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred in Business or Healthcare Administration
- More than 10 years related work experience required and 5-8 years supervisory/management experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency in the area of process improvement and system redesign.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Experience in data and systems analysis, quality management/performance improvement
- 10 years experience in a clinical, health care setting
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply