Director, Learning Strategy, Innovation and Analytics
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Human Resources Job Id R0019942
We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Director, Learning Strategy, Innovation and Analytics is both a big picture thinker and a hands-on implementer who formulates and implements technology-based learning strategies and innovative solutions to meet company development and delivery goals and improve learner outcomes through demonstrable and measurables results. The incumbent in this role will shape and execute the learning technology vision and roadmap by recognizing and leveraging industry trends while maintaining quality standards. He/She is a driving force of change, partnership, quality, and delivery across learning data and analytics in partnership with People Analytics and the organization.
Preferred Location: South Florida
**May be open to remote candidates**ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies and assesses emerging trends, new solutions, and best practices that will improve the learner and instructor experience and/or instructional design technology capabilities.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends implementation of, or changes to, learning and instructional design technology systems and tools. Recommendations will include a cost-benefit and risk analysis and concurrence with our business partners.
- Leads implementation and adoption, including best practices, of approved recommendations with valued business partners, matrixed team and/or service providers.
- Maintains knowledge of the company’s learner-facing and learning development systems and tools, including interdependencies, to ensure currency and optimization of features/benefits as well as scalability and stability in partnership with IT.
- Establishes, manages, and executes the project scoping and prioritization process, which includes internal team reviews, stakeholder engagements, and team meetings to ensure alignment in expectations and securing resources before the development of new requests.
- Oversees and approves Project Charters, training that identifies project scope and tracks deliverables, milestones, and deadlines throughout the assessment, design, development and implementation phases.
- Measures and evaluates the learning strategy, roadmap, standards, systems/tools and projects periodically to communicate and drive continued effectiveness and impact. Identifies key insights to inform future strategies and tactics.
- Serves as a consultant, trusted advisor and, as necessary, escalation point for issues. Provides project managers with technical consultation and advice, enabling quick response to inquiries related to a program/project.
- Builds and launches ChenMedU’s commercial business model from the ground up including but not limited to strategy, branding, and attracting target market value-based care practices creating profit center opportunity for ChenMed.
- Develops C-level relationships in order to partner with our clients and drive investment through the uncertainties of innovation.
- Establishes, leads, and continues to evolve the development and application of advanced analytical methods evaluating current business enablement needs to assess and monitor indicators of learning success, quality, and ROI, including but not limited to:
- Establishing a centralized capability, aligned with People Analytics and key stakeholders, to design, create, test, deploy, manage, and maintain the ChenMedU learning data architecture, as well as work with partners within People Analytics
- Enabling data collection, curation, quality, consolidation, preparation, testing, deployment, and maintenance of databases.
- ChenMedU KPI creation, tracking, and scorecard preparation.
- Value creation and ROI measurement.
- Oversees and leads a team of project managers and data enablement talent to ensure optimal customer service and ROI on ChenMedU sponsored learning and development programs, including but is not limited to:
- Assessing skills, abilities, aptitude, development needs, and gaps.
- Conducting regular feedback and coaching discussions.
- Empowering team members to contribute and grow.
- Conducts formal performance appraisals and goal setting activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- BA/BS degree in Education, Adult Learning, Training/Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a related field required OR additional experience above the minimum may be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis
- A minimum of 10 years’ professional work experience in training program and staff management; organizational needs assessments and program design; management of program logistics, tracking, reporting, and follow-through and/or measuring and reporting on learning and development initiatives ROI required
- A minimum of 5 years of managing, directing, and monitoring the performance of a team of direct reports required
- Certified in Project Management, Change Management and/or Measuring Return on Investment, or similar certifications highly desired
- Formal education/training and experience with data science methods
- Experience developing comprehensive business cases and executing against large, multi-function strategic initiatives
- Experience with structured and unstructured data; well versed in database design, applications, and large-scale processing systems
- Experience in project management, change management, and budgeting
- Experience coaching at all levels, including at the executive level
- Experience consulting and facilitating meetings, planning sessions, and training programs
- Experience in leading large cross-functional project teams from scoping phase to project implementation
- Experience with instructional technology/media tools (e.g., Articulate, Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite, Vyond) and online learning development methods
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly developed business acumen and acuity
- Expert knowledge and understanding of general Learning Innovation and Analytics functions, practices, processes, procedures, techniques and methods
- Strong project management, organizational and administration skills with a track record of successfully managing complex and multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- High degree of objectivity and analytic skill
- Executive-level verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong relationship-building, collaboration, and written/verbal communication skills; capable and confident communicator; able to influence and persuade key stakeholders • Demonstrates a passion for using technology to improve learning experiences and to achieve learning-based business outcomes
- Strong commitment to innovation, continuous improvement, and excellence
- Exhibits proficiency in all facets of the instructional design process, including adult learning theory, learning technologies and instructional design methodologies, particularly in a virtual environment
- Big picture thinker with the ability to synthesize information and formulate a clear strategy and plan for execution
- Proficient in anticipating and understanding business needs and taking the initiative to drive solutions in effective value-added ways.
- Ability to understand all parts of the organization and their interdependencies and use that knowledge to influence and make decisions
- Demonstrated capabilities in vision-casting and strategic planning to ensure function is aligned with the goals and objectives of the company
- Demonstrated capabilities in building highly functioning teams, developing others, and influencing director and executive level stakeholders
- Expert ability to effectively manage demand, manage expectations, and deliver multiple, overlapping projects
- Strong desire and willingness to provide both consultative/advisory support and hands-on execution
- Ability to very rapidly master new systems and tools and effectively teach others
- Ability to collect and analyze data to effectively support improvement recommendations and solutions. Proven ability to suggest solutions based on needs evaluation
- Exceptional and demonstrated ability to co-create and work collectively with business leaders from various functional areas and other key stakeholders
- Ability to understand strategic organizational issues and drive change
- Proven agility in a constantly changing environment
- Capable leader who engages, motivates, challenges, develops and holds others accountable
- Highly organized with strong initiative and superior work ethic
- Possesses a sense of urgency and independent action
- Intermediate proficiency with managing Learning Management Systems
- Master proficiency in statistical and data analytics and reporting
- Mastery level skills in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, database, and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 25% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
The Director, Learning Strategy, Innovation and Analytics is both a big picture thinker and a hands-on implementer who formulates and implements technology-based learning strategies and innovative solutions to meet company development and delivery goals and improve learner outcomes through demonstrable and measurables results. The incumbent in this role will shape and execute the learning technology vision and roadmap by recognizing and leveraging industry trends while maintaining quality standards. He/She is a driving force of change, partnership, quality, and delivery across learning data and analytics in partnership with People Analytics and the organization. Preferred Location: South Florida **May be open to remote candidates**
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director