Director, Growth and Business Development
Location Richmond, Virginia, United States of America Category Sales Job Id R0019333
We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Market Sales Manager (MSM) is responsible for managing sales of the company’s services within a defined geographic area. He/she is responsible for ensuring consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales personnel. Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages personnel and develops sales and sales support staff. Develops specific plans to ensure revenue growth in company services- patient registration. Reviews progress of sales roles throughout the company.
- Collaborates with Director of Sales to develop sales strategies to improve market share in all product lines. Assists sales personnel in establishing personal contact and rapport with key local communities serving Medicare-eligible seniors.
- Educates sales team by establishing programs and/or seminars in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales of emerging services and multi-service sales, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, proper use and level of sales support, management of expenses and business & financial issues on contracts. Holds regular meeting with sales staff.
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams. Provides quarterly results assessments of sales staff’s productivity.
- Coordinates proper company resources to ensure efficient and stable sales results. Formulates all sales policies, practices and procedures.
- Interprets short- and long-term effects on sales strategies in operating profit.
- Collaborates with Director of Sales to establish and control budgets for community event expenses. Reviews expenses and recommends economies.
- Interaction with key internal market leaders (4M process).
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced hands on Sales skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Expertise in Representative relations.
- Highly analytical/Data driven.
- Experience working for a large, best practice, healthcare firm (++). Coming out of Direct Marketing Organizations (++).
- Sales Force and Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
- Must be able to travel at least 20% to various markets.
- Fluent in English.
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Economics or a closely related field required OR additional experience above the minimum may be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis
- MBA, MHA or Master's degree is a related discipline preferred
- A minimum of 10 years’ sales and salesforce management work experience required; preferred management experience in developing and growing a sales team
- Direct-to-Patient sales and marketing experience preferred
- Experience managing local marketing events. Direct Marketing Organizations experience a plus; Health Plan provider group experience a strong plus
- Experience working for a large, best practice, healthcare firm a plus
- A valid Class C or D or State equivalent driver's license, issued by the State of current employment, required.
- Current, personal automobile insurance needs to be equal or greater than your state, county or city requirements
- Must have $100,000 No-Fault or Personal Injury (PIP)/$300,000 Property Damage Liability (PDL) Limits requirement on the personal automobile insurance policy.
- Incumbents in this role will be subject to bi-annual Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) checks to ensure proper compliance
- Since driving to various locations plays an integral role in satisfying the basic requirements of the job duties, it is imperative that all MSMs maintain a valid driver's license with a clean record.
The Market Sales Manager (MSM) is responsible for managing sales of the company’s services within a defined geographic area. He/she is responsible for ensuring consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning, deployment and management of sales personnel. Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director