Director, Facilities FEATURED
Days · Full Time · 7am-3:30pm
Req # 6702
The Director of Facilities is responsible for the strategic direction, organization, planning, leadership and control of department-level human resources and assets. Such efforts help to maintain a safe and comfortable physical environment for hospital staff, patients and the general public. Standards for the environment are established by hospital policy as well as local, state and federal requirements. The Director or designee will also serve as the Project Director during construction projects, renovation projects and equipment installations.
The Director is responsible for facility leadership regarding operational administration and the management of the physical plant for the organization, operational budgets, tactical plans and policies, and regulatory compliance. The Director is also responsible for establishing productive working relationships with applicable inpatient, outpatient and ancillary departments.
Required Minimum Education:
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or technical training in mechanical and electrical fields.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Health Care Management or Business Administration with coursework in Healthcare and Project Management preferred, but not mandatory.
- Masters preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Eight years of health care experience with increasing levels of responsibility and knowledge of all phases of hospital engineering management and operations.
- Leadership, analytics as well as conceptual and interpersonal skills to provide direction to staff and successfully implement major organizational strategies.
- Demonstrated successful project management experience.
- Computer literacy including working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS project.
- Current first-class stationary engineer’s license.
- Valid Maryland driver's license and a driving record with no more than two (2) points.
- Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM) or must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.