Director Digital Health
The Director of Digital Health is responsible for the strategy and growth of digital health services across the Novant Health system, as well as community partners and future growth opportunities. In
partnership with Digital Health and Engagement leadership, this position with oversee digital health projects and program implementation, both existing and new. Provide strategy planning oversight and partner with operational leadership for all consumer-facing digital health services throughout the Novant Health organization. Standardize quality indicators for programs and services. Promote digital health services through outreach, which will include provider and staff education of the digital health programs process to include quality indicators. Proactively identify opportunities to improve the patient experience as well as the efficiency and effectiveness of resource allocation. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining professional relationships with all initiative sponsors (for example, senior management) and stakeholders (for example, end users and suppliers). Ensuring business needs are being met. Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, vision, values, and standards of ethics and integrity. Responsible for possessing knowledge of Novant Health’s current DPS infrastructure, solutions and technologies, in addition to industry software or hardware tools applicable to the business needs. Providing leadership and up-todate expertise to Digital Products and Services Division executives, product leaders and managers on initiatives. Providing assistance with supervision and development opportunities for associates. Assisting in the management of third-party vendors. Creatively identifying consumer and business partner needs and jobs to be done. The Director of Digital Health is responsible for identifying strategic opportunities to drive our business across the entire Novant Health value chain, foster internal and external collaboration, and partner with leadership to drive key initiatives. Ultimately, the Director of Digital Health is to assist in transforming the face of clinical technology at Novant Health, Inc. Digital Products and Services team members are responsible for securely managing information systems throughout their lifecycle, including knowing what information systems are within their scope of responsibility, understanding what sensitive data is stored, transmitted, or processed on those information systems, enforcing the security principles of least privilege and least functionality, knowing what events may constitute a cybersecurity incident, and understanding their role in security incident response activities.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in business, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field required. Graduate Degree preferred.
- Experience: Five years progressive leadership position required. Three years’ experience in information technology. If possesses Master’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field, will accept minimum four years’ experience in IT within the past ten years required. Two years of experience in Business Administration or strategy required.
- Additional Skills Required: Ability to drive/travel to multiple locations/facilities as needed.
- Additional Skills Preferred: Minimum five year experience working across divisions or global business units. Minimum three years’ experience executing large-scale initiatives with strategic deliverables. Ability to work across clinical, non-clinical and technical departments. Practical experience in the delivery of telemedicine and virtual health services. Demonstrates commitment to improving care for patients by expanding digital health services to all populations. Exhibits strong skills in interpersonal communication. Demonstrates skill in clinical quality improvement and resource management. Demonstrates strong leadership skills and develops and maintains skill in organizing work to achieve system goals and objectives. Is an effective problem solver. Ability to analyze and interpret complex data. Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports and make necessary strategy changes as a result. Ability to monitor quality control standards. Able to continuously reprioritize, demonstrate flexibility, and process multiple issues simultaneously. Proven ability to communicate business concepts through effective storytelling.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health