State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Director, Community Benefits - South Region
Req ID: 40052BR
Job Summary: This position reports to the senior leadership of Community Benefits for Beth Israel Lahey Health. This position is responsible for development, oversight, management and implementation of the Beth Israel Lahey Health Southern Region Community Benefits strategy. This position is responsible for coordinating, facilitating and ensuring strategic Community Benefits alignment between Beth Israel Lahey Health and Beth Israel Deaconess (BID) Milton, Needham and Plymouth hospitals as well as Community Benefits regulatory compliance (50%). This position is responsible for creating, implementing, and maintaining uniform and efficient BILH Community Benefits (CB) and Community Relations (CR) infrastructure and related BILH CB/CR project management (50%). This position facilitates the implementation of projects related to Beth Israel Lahey Health hospitals' commitment to community benefits and to improving the health status of traditionally underserved.
- Develops and implements Southern Region Community Benefits strategy that aligns programming and priorities for three Beth Israel Lahey Health (BILH) hospitals with the Beth Israel Lahey Health Community Benefits strategy and the Community Relations strategy
- Responsible for coordinating with three BILH hospitals to develop, implement and monitor programs and policies that address health status issues in underserved communities in alignment with BILH Community Benefits and Community Relations strategy
- Identifies ways that three BILH's hospitals and affiliated providers can improve access to care for underserved and vulnerable cohorts.
- Facilitates compliance with all Federal, State, and local regulatory requirements, reporting and filings for three BILH hospitals.
- Oversees Southern Region Community Benefits Determination of Need requirements related to Community Benefits.
Works with three BILH hospital to encourage departments, staff and providers to integrate community benefits focus into their activities.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders including coalitions, community-based organizations, public health entities, hospitals and providers to identify and address priority areas of need among diverse populations.
- Supports the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors ' excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment to community, accountability and ownership.
- Manages and implements BILH Community Benefits special projects and processes to create uniformity, economies, and efficiencies. Coordinates triennial community health needs assessment for BILH system - hospitals and practices.
- Represents BILH and BILH hospitals in discussions with external organizations, including government and community-based organizations about health priorities and health status needs of underserved populations. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of multiple organizations. Participates in local collaborative and policy initiatives, as needed.
- Identifies ways improve access to care for underserved and vulnerable cohorts. Works with evaluator to integrate metrics into community benefits programming and activities.
- Has the responsibility to lead and support managers and directors in developing and improving operations to create optimal performance levels. Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: None
- Master's degree in Public Policy, Public Health, Health Administration required
- 8-10 years related work experience required and 5-8 years supervisory/management experience required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for academic and lay audiences. Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders. Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously but also function well in a collaborative team setting, working across functions and different types of people.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and produce quick, high quality results. Ability to be respond to changing circumstances and use new information to adjust approach and quickly respond to new needs.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply