Director, Clinical Strategy and Efficiency
Location Miami, Florida, United States of America Category Information Technology Job Id R0021620
We’re unique. You should be, too.
We’re changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy?
We’re different than most primary care providers. We’re rapidly expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Director, Clinical Strategy and Efficiency (CSE) is responsible for leadership of a team responsible for translating data into meaningful and actionable insights for ChenMed. The Director is responsible for overseeing the successful implementation of data driven strategies through analysis, interpretation and communication of actionable data insights involving operations trends and population health. Responsibilities also include helping to design and evaluate activities or programs that improve quality and/or efficiency. This is a high visibility role, requiring collaboration with senior leadership to develop and communicate strategies to drive superior clinical performance and healthcare outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the CSE teams’ analysis, data insight, and quality assurance of data and insights. Focuses primarily on trend analysis of business operations to facilitate the responsible and efficient use of resources to drive the best outcomes.
- Acts as liaison between CSE and other COEs/subject matter experts, building relationships with leadership and internal subject matter experts (network, clinical, operations, etc.) to facilitate the design of new initiatives.
- Use key insights gained from CSE’s customers to enhance internal product development.
- Ensures that CSE provides data and analytic support in onboarding of new leaders.
- Oversees creation and improvement of KPIs for centers, COEs and executive leadership.
- Supervises impact analysis of current programs and proposed interventions to understand ROI, share best practices, and forecast performance.
- Partners with field leadership to align projects with enterprise goals.
- Conducts analyses to identify operational opportunities across member health risk populations, providers, payors, lines of business, and other attributes.
- Determines common analyses to be leveraged across the enterprise.
- Researches outliers and identifies root causes of trends recognized in data analysis and reports.
- Develops methods to exchange key findings and actionable items across the enterprise.
- Collaborates with Analytics/Business Intelligence and Information Technology departments to standardize and automate the data analysis processes to ensure consistency and data accuracy.
- Collaborates with leaders to determine company reporting and performance scorecard needs.
- Tracks, prioritizes and manages all ad hoc requests from executive committee, COEs and field leaders, and effectively communicates workload prioritization and progress to all stakeholders.
- Hires, trains and develops CSE staff. Conducts regular performance appraisals and provides feedback as necessary.
- Provides administrative leadership for the Leadership Fellows program.
- Build strong relationships with universities to maintain a high-caliber pipeline for Leadership Fellows.
- Ensure that CSE provides Leadership Fellows an excellent experience, giving them an environment where they can quickly learn the company and operations through the data analytic lens.
- Guide and facilitate placement of Leadership Fellows at the conclusion of their fellowship
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent business acumen and strong problem-solving skills; must be proactive and perceptive
- Ability to provide mentorship and training for team members’ professional growth and development
- Knowledge of database systems, business intelligence and advanced presentation tools to allow for collaboration with BI and IT and continued improvement of data reporting and analysis capabilities
- Ability to identify and interpret the data to deliver actionable solutions
- Ability to use statistics to make predictions and draw conclusions; comfortable incorporating information from data analysis, medical literature and national data to enhance existing analytics
- Ability to prioritize the impact of projects; proficient at managing and tracking multiple projects from team members, and personal projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to follow long-term projects to completion
- Ability to translate analytics into meaningful outcomes and effectively communicate verbally, in written and presentation format to all audience levels, from technical staff, clinical staff and operations to executive leadership
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge of formulas, charts and pivot tables
- Proficient in other Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, and Outlook; database, and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 20% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis above the minimum required
- Advanced degree (Master’s or PhD) in Health Economics or Health Services Research preferred
- Seven (7) years applied experience in medical economics with health care industry and payor knowledge
- Two (2) years experience in a leadership role managing analytics staff
- Medicare and/or Medicare Advantage experience a plus
We’re ChenMed and we’re transforming healthcare for seniors and changing America’s healthcare for the better. Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve. We’re growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health care.
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a difference in people’s lives every single day.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director