Director, Business Intelligence & Decision Support
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Director is primarily responsible for overseeing the operations of Business Intelligence and Decision Support which includes the associated staff. The Director has responsibility for operational implementation and oversight of day-to-day operations of assigned departments to ensure sites are managed in a consistent manner that embraces Mount Nittany’s patient-centered service excellence and quality & safety standards while demonstrating strong financial stewardship through the maximal optimization of efficient operational processes.
The Director assists the CFO with
• Long-term strategic planning for the workforce;
• Establishing standards for practice and maintain authority, accountability and responsibility for Business Intelligence and Decision Support services;
• The ongoing support and cultivation of a culture of shared decision making;
• Budgeting and planning.
Directly supervises the operations, managers and staff: to ensure departmental activities produce timely, quantitative and qualitative analytical information to drive decision-making throughout the Health System. The Director works closely with all Financial and Operational leaders and directs the support staff toward achievement of departmental goals. The Director is responsible for providing executive management, healthcare professionals, and physicians with accurate, timely and relevant information in an integrated, user efficient manner. The Director assumes a vital role in strategic planning for the Health System that requires a keen sense of market competition and how data drives Mount Nittany Health’s clinical and operational success.
1) Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Finance, Data Science or similar field.
2) Master’s degree in Business, Health Administration, Finance, Data Science or similar field preferred.
1) Seven years of work experience in Business Intelligence, Decision Support and/or Financial Reporting at increasing levels of responsibility.
2) Five years of supervisory experience with at least two of those years at the manager level.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Proven leadership skills, highly developed interpersonal skills, refined judgment and a strong record of achievement required.
2) Functions effectively as a liaison among staff, physicians, hospital administration, and ancillary departments.
3) Uses tact, sensitivity, sound judgment, and a professional attitude constantly.
4) Consistently demonstrates maturity for accountability or job performance.
5) Kaufman Hall EPM Suite
6) Tableau and/or Power BI or other data visualization tools
1) Preferred certifications: FACHE, CHFP, MCSE, CAP (Certified Analytics Professional)
2) Appropriate professional leadership certification preferred or required within 1 year of eligibility for professional certification exam.
Receives minimal supervision from the CFO.
Supervises the leaders of assigned departments and administrative and support personnel.